“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 59 hotels in Nottingham
Chester
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was quite small despite having booked a deluxe room as we were taking the dog, in the end we didn't which was just as well as the room was right next to the door to that wing and would have meant dog barking each time people went through!

Great location and friendly staff. Breakfast was raved about and quite expensive, sausages, bacon and toast excellent, although we had to ask or it repeatedly, scrambled eggs run out and not replaced, asked for poached eggs and I kid you not, most people would have been embarrassed to bring over the over cooked and swimming in water eggs. Coffee was good but again,needed to ask multiple times, when asked for marmite that was found which was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments - I will talk to the Park Bar Manager so that she can ensure that this doesn't happen again. Thanks again for your feedback - it all helps us to offer the best experience possible.

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Grand Isle, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

On a hill above the city centre district, Hart’s gave us a very pleasant two day stay. The room was of average size by European standards and thus small but not cramped by North American standards. We were on the “garden” level and had a sliding door opening onto a lawned patio overlooking the city. The room itself was very nice. The small bar served food that appears to be under the guidance of the excellent Hart’s Restaurant next door and the small items we had were great. It is irritating when a high quality nicely appointed hotel like this charges for so many extras: parking, newspapers, internet access (hard to believe anyone does this). On some issues service was a little off--friendly but not as knowledgeable as they might be.
If you go there, be sure to get directions. The area around it is a maze of one way streets and without clear directions a GPS gets lost. With clear directions, access is easy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Am just back from a weekend break in Nottingham. We found Hart's to be an ideal location for the theatre being just 2 minutes down the road but more than that it was a super place to stay for a short break. The rooms are not large but are adequate and decorated in a way that is more distinctive and individual than most. The view from our room on the second floor, across the city skyline was stunnning. We also had a superb pre theatre dinner at the restaurant. I thouroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room for the view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are lucky to have such great views over The Park area of Nottingham and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We work with both the Nottingham Playhouse and the Royal Centre to offer specific theatre packages but can offer pre-theatre meals for any show. I hope that you return to see us again soon.
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A short walk to the city centre but one of the quietest Hotels.
Until recently I travelled extensively and internationally with my work, using Hotels right across the range. I used to have a check list (prior to booking) of what I wanted from a hotel/room. One of the most important requirements was room quietness/privacy. I did not want noise from the outside/corridors and in particular from the next bedroom. Believe me satisfying this criteria was easier said than done.Nottingham City centre has the weekend reputation of being one of the noisiest in the UK -so I was a little concerned about the selection of my Hotel. Thanks to Tripadvisor I managed to select one of the best.
I booked a superior room at £125 plus £9 x2 for breakfast. My feeling is that these rooms are the same as standard rooms but have a nice elevated view of the city parklands. The room was small (appox 12 x 9 feet) ,well fitted and designed with an excellent adjacent bathroom . The only way to watch the tv is by laying on the bed. Breakfast is offered in the room but with one small desk impossible for 2 people. The important thing is that the building has been well designed for privacy. Each bedroom is sandwiched between bathrooms and the walls well insulated for noise(surprising for modern buildings).Aircon is available (but a little noisy) with the option of opening the large bedroom window on to the garden below.In spite of the Hotel being full it was a quiet/peacefull Saturday night.
We had a continental breakfast in Hart's restaurant next door - excellent service and some of the nicest bread I have ever tasted.
In summary this is a classy well run Hotel and a credit to its management and Nottingham City Centre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I will pass on your kind words to Adam Worthington our General Manager and his team. He will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Hart's. We are very lucky to be situated in such a quiet and secluded spot - but still be only a few minutes walk from the centre of Nottingham.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, very pleasant hotel, attentive service and good whiskey in the bar, large comfortable room and a good breakfast. Stayed one night for work and left feeling calm and refreshed - will use again.

• Stayed October 2012
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and look forward to welcoming you back to Hart's. I will tell Kirsty our Bar Manager that you enjoyed the whiskey!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hart's was such a great surprise! My taxi driver was impressed when I said where I was to go, "Probably the best hotel in Nottingham, and Hart's restaurant is fantastic!" Well we never got to the restaurant, but food in the Hotel was very good.
The amazing thing about the Hotel is the view over the town below.One comment about it was that the Hotel was getting a bit outdated, but I particularly liked that aspect. It made it less like all the other Hotels I've stayed in - plainer really in style, with a sweet garden. If the decor is updated, perhaps it won't really gain anything.
I was with family and babies. The staff were fantastic with them so they behaved like angels, and the rooms were quite big enough for travel cots and thoughtfully on a quiet corridor with rooms opening out of each other. Very secure and ideally private. We felt we couldn't disturb anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for one with the fantastic view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hart's - we have just introduced a new menu in the Hotel's Park Bar - so I will let our chef know that you enjoyed your meal. I hope that you will stay with us again and next time perhaps you will have time to try the restaurant.
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I simply love my Home From Home hotel in Nottingham. It's very comfortable and the staff and service are absolutely wonderful. I think I have stayed in all the rooms over my many years of being a regular guest and yes, some of them are rather small but the suites are better. However, all the rooms have goose down pillows and proper grown up coffee to name but a few creature comforts.

The fine dining restaurant is excellent and food there has always been delicious, however, the bar food is only ok. The menu never changes, and I suppose it's rather boring to regulars who look for a better variety of late night snacks or want dinner in something less formal than a proper restaurant. It's time for a change - per-leez!!!

A super four star hotel with five star service and such lovely staff, in particular Reiss the Manager!
Nothing is ever too much trouble and I am always happy to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hart's Hotel? Share your experiences!