Just home (over 3hrs away!) from a fantastic lunch at the chef's table. We loved the friendly relaxed atmosphere of a busy working restaurant where we were served by the chefs, including Sat, who talked to us about the food. Some courses were mind-blowingly different,(chicken meusli) some foraged locally,(horseradish ice cream and nettle soup) some wonderfully "deconstructed" (pear franzipane) and some just luxuriously unctuous (lamb shoulder, kidney and shallots) All delicious!
It was great to eat overlooking the chefs at work in the kitchen and not be surrounded by other guests. Top tip - order coffee to try the 5 digestif chocolates served in a log!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving modern British cuisine with eight bedrooms. Lunch on chef's or kitchen table Tuesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon Dinner. Tuesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.00 Pm Friday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Booking Essential. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Restaurant Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel Nottingham
- Hotel Sat Bains With Rooms
- Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel