“Basic but clean.” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Basic but clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Staying on business I got what I expected basic room at a reasonable price. Room was clean and staff at reception were helpful. One thing I do not understand is the charge for Wi-Fi, you get 30 mins free and then have to pay £3. Why is there a charge for Wi-Fi when most hotels now offer it free, after all the cost to them must be minimal.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Sleaford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my best friend her daughter and my daughter. We had picked it for the great value but after staying here I would pick it every time! The staff were fantastic really friendly and helpful. I have recently stayed at the park plazza but must say premier inn was by far better all round. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

On Friday I stayed at the Premier Inn for mine and my other halfs anniversary. We only wanted somewhere cheap to stay and had only paid £29 for the room through laterooms.com.
For the room we had this price was very good. A large room with great bathroom (and best powershower I have ever used in a hotel) with lots of space. The view was a bit rubbish as all I could see was a backstreet with bins etc. and the tram line running next to the hotel was VERY loud. The staff here were great and very accomodating though and did give me my money back as I was cover by the Good night sleep guarentee. The bed we has was very very soft. I underastand some people would find this very comfy but I prefer a supportive firm matress and I ended up sleeping for only 4 of the 10 hours I was in bed for. The room next to us was very loud (as was the tram line) and not being comfy resulting in me being very grumpy after no sleep the next day. Having a bad sleep is the only reason why our stay wasn't great but if I didn't want somewhere to stay and sleep well I wouldn't go to a hotel. After having such a good size room with good facilities (minus the bed) I would stay if you like a soft matress and don't mind a little bit of noise this is a great place to stay as its right in the heart of the city. It just wasn't for me!

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the hotel away from the tramline and higher up for a quiter room with a better v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business, this was my first ever business stay, normally I'm a normal guest.
The staff were friendly and helpful, the restaurant has a good choice of food and the breakfast was help yourself, it was all fresh and the staff moved around the food like scrambled egg and beans so as not to dry up under the heat lamps. Lots of choice of drink n cereals to.

If I go back to Nottingham to the office again I'm going to ask to stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A very good standard Premier Inn - clean, tidy, functional and efficient. It has a welcoming layout as you enter with spacious comfortable reception / lounge/ bar/ coffee shop open plan area, leading into the breafast area. The breakfast choices were excellent and although the servery area was a bit cramped when busy, that was a minor issue. The car-park was £10 per day/ night which suited us, but it isn't a big car-park so maybe best to book in advance. It is very close to the City Centre - 10 minute walk to all the shops/ pubs etc. The best thing was the staff who were very helpful, friendly and efficient whether on reception, in the breakfast area, at the bar or the night staff! I'd definately use the hotel again is visiting Nottingham due to its location and price alone.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor at the front which we found ideal.
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here a friday and saturday night.
Staff we friendly, check in was quick and efficient.
Parking was £10 for 24 hours.
The rooms were your typical Premier inn - clean and functional.
Breakfast was good, although on the sunday morning was busy (breakfast room not that big).
Vending machines in reception handy (drinks, confectionary and even ice cream)
Location decent enough - 10 minute walk to the town centre.
A little tricky to find if you leave it to the sat nav, also the entrance is on a tram route, so something to keep in mind.
Decent stay, would stay again (shame the parking isn't free).

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is near to the city centre next to the university & with a tram stop outside the door. On arrival we where welcomed by friendly staff who asked us if we would be up early in the morning. When we said no they ensured we had a quiet room around the back away from the building work opposite the front of the hotel. Because they didn't have a double room available around the back, they gave us a family room which provided plenty of space for 2 people. The room was more than comfortable & was excellent for a 1 night stay. Our only complaint is about the lack of car parking at the hotel although they do have an agreement with the NCP car park around the corner but this is only any use if you leave early in the morning. We used the car park for about 20 hours which cost £14 and was the price regardless of the hotel agreement.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Been to Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre - Goldsmith St? Share your experiences!