“Standard business hotel” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Standard business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Overnight stay in twin bedded room overlooking Maid Marian Way. As previously said noise from street. Should have realised with ear plugs in bathroom. The room desperately needs a long overdue refurb. Carpet badly stained, curtains dirty. Room plain. Housekeeping lacking as had to call twice for pillows (only one on bed) no toilet paper.
Rather small lounge area with TV. Small bar right next to entrance. Nobody was using it.
No help offered with luggage as several stairs to access lifts.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room, if any. Avoid Room 306
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you only had an average stay with us for the reasons you noted. I will certainly address you concerns in regards to the response time from Housekeeping. Please be assured this is not our usual standard of service.
We are awaiting our capital plan to be approved for a refurbishment of bedrooms and are working on sample rooms at the moment.
We trust that you will stay with us again, and we hope to take better care of you in the future.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed here last week for 2 nights as I was hosting a conference & evening event at the hotel.
I can't praise the staff enough. Everyone is so helpful from the moment I arrived until I left. I must give special thanks to Daniel for being so brilliant at helping us with our event. Nothing was too much trouble and he really did look after us. Whatever we wanted, the hotel gave. All my delegates had a great stay and had nothing but nice things to say about the hotel.

I struggled to sleep both nights as there was a lot of noise coming from inside (probably mainly made by my delegates) and outside of the hotel. The ear plugs in the bathrooms are a godsend, couldn't have slept without them. Other than that, the rooms were nice, clean & comfy. I felt very at ease and I would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am very pleased to hear that your event went well and you found the team to to take great care of you.
I will share you special thank you to Daniel, he is a great member of the team and I assure you he will be awarded for a job well done.
We look forward to taking care of any future events you place with us.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed here with colleges over a very busy week, my room wasn't ready at the time of my arrival but I wasn't disappointed, when I finally got in to a newly refurbished room with a huge bed! My only complaint was the air con wasn't working so a noises fan pushed the warm air round but also some of my colleges were in shoe box rooms.
The mini bar was expensive but there's a tesco's over the road so stock up there and stick it in the mini bar as it's only housekeeping that check the bar, so I kept my stock on the top.
Great bath and shower to relax in after a day working.
Ultra modern deco and very expensive bar down stairs hence we only visited one evening.
Great self service breakfast all you can eat style shame the bar area doesn't lend its self well to this quing most mornings.
Will I book myself when in Nottingham yes. Staff ok just busy.

Stayed June 2014
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am pleased to hear that you are well rested and had a great nights sleep with us.
We look forward to you staying with us again
midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We booked this hotel for one night as we had a night at the Theatre Royal Nottingham booked to see a show and wanted to make a weekend of it. We booked a deal off the internet, double room including breakfast for a reasonable price. We found the hotel clean and tidy, the room was adequate, your usual double room for this type of hotel, mini bar (quite expensive if used), and tea and coffee facilities, we had read reviews concerning the noise in the street below and had our concerns when in the bathroom were ear plugs supplied by the hotel. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the side street with bars and clubs below.
Anyway after our night at the Theatre, meal out afterwards plus a beer or two before the show, we returned to the hotel, and I must admit you could hear people in the street below, but whether it was the beer or three soon sank into a decent nights sleep. But it is something to be aware of if a light sleeper (It was a Saturday night as well).
On the positive side the location was brilliant for the Theatre, approx 5-10 minute walk, plus the staff in the hotel were all very pleasant, and the breakfast the next morning was superb, great selection of fruits, continental and full English grill, though do beware it does get busy and you may have to wait to be seated at at table, we rose quite early, 8.30ish and had no problem getting seated but it was getting busy as we finished our breakfast.
Great hotel location wise if going on a night out in Nottingham, but beware if a light sleeper, would we use again, yes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Came here as part of our College Ball. Food was delicious, the conference room where we had the ball was nicely designed. The only minor gripe would be the choice of drinks at the bar. I felt as though there wasn't enough variety to choose from. Despite that though, I had a great evening and would most definitely go here again.

Stayed June 2014
It’s great to hear that you had such a great time at your Ball with us.
I will share you kind comments with the team who took care of you.
We look forward to having you with us again in the future
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business on 02/07/2014. The room was clean and comfortable and everything was relatively easy to use. The only thing that let the room down was the fact that there is no plug socket next to the bed making plugging in a phone for an alarm a little difficult.

The only other gripe I would have is that on arrival and departure the lobby and lifts had a smell of warm urine, this may be the cleaning products being used but was a little unpleasant.

The breakfast was lovely and catered for all taste's and was surprisingly fresh for a buffet.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you for the feedback I will certainly be taking your comments on board.
We hope to have you back with us again soon.
Somerset, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Staff on reception were pleasant but stuck in their own process control and needs. My room downgraded from a double room to a twin which is never good news and certainly not guaranteed to make me happy. Event management was ok but nothing special although snacks at coffee breaks were good. This would most certainly not be my choice of hotel for either business or pleasure as it was simply disappointing and distinctly average at quite a high price.

Room Tip: Go for the back of the hotel if you want a good night's sleep!!!
Thank you for taking the time to write your review
I apologise for the concerns you shared about your stay at Park Plaza Nottingham I have addressed your review with our team.
Operations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Nottingham? Share your experiences!