“Great hotel for a night stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Book now & save up to 25%
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great hotel for a night stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I choosed this hotel after having a nightmare stay at the Mercure the same day. I must say that the reception was 10/10 in serivce. It was quiet and relaxing junior suite room i got. The rooms need a renovation tough(little bit unmodern). Overall i was very happy cause i needed to stay in Nottingham for 1 night due to bussines. I will recomend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for your review and your kind words about Reception team giving you 10/10 service. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Nottingham.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Liversedge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice hotel in centre of Nottingham. Parking is an issue, along with most City Centre Hotels as they charge a fortune. Rooms are to a high standard. Friendly staff & very good breakfast. Internet for business use is good.Centrally located with a number of good eateries although I hit student night as it was packed with kids.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your business trip to Nottingham. Thank you for your kind comments about our Friendly team and your review about our facilities. I will share your review with our team.
We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed on a second night in Nottingham and had to relocate from my previous hotel - who phoned round and arranged the booking for me. Able to check in straight after checking out of the other hotel. A very warm welcome from the staff, nothing was too much trouble. Had an executive suite which lived up to its name. Some outside noise but only to be expected in a hotel on a main road in the centre of Nottingham. The red and black decor in Chinos restaurant was maybe a little migraine-inducing at breakfast time but I can imagine it would be great in the evening. Would definitely come here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear that you found the team to be more accommodating than a previous hotel you stayed in and that your enjoyed your executive room.
Our Restaurant in the evening is fantastic so please do try. We are very proud to have this award winning and Rosette Restaurant .We encourage our guests to Love, Share, and Enjoy so if you have an opportunity to dine with a friend or college then you will have a great experience in Chino Latino.
We are pleased to hear you will be back with us again when you next visit Nottingham.
Leeds, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night at the hotel and that was enough to know I won't be going back. The room was tired, carpet stained and not my idea of a 4 star executive room. We paid 120.00 and expected a better experience the only good thing was proximity to theatre - the noise outside continued till 4 am - no wonder there were ear plugs in the room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.
I am very sorry to have read your review to find that we did not fulfil your expectations, please contact me directly at the Hotel should you wish to discuss your stay further.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I used to say the Park Plaza Nottingham was a "Baby W" or a "W Wannabe". They had the decor, vibe, service, and room decor to back it. Unfortunately they haven't changed much of that over the years, so, while it's still clean, it's dated, it feels old, feels a little uncared for, and is no where near the W feel it once had. If you get a good price, and you like the location, it's still an okay place to stay, but I wouldn't put it at the top of the list anymore.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to be clean and of a good standard. We take on board your comments and hope that when you next stay with us you we can better exceed your expectations
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The location of the hotel was convenient with lots of restaurants around. I walked around every evening and found something new to try. There are several places to visit within walking distance. My room was good size and comfortable bed. I enjoyed the breakfast which had several options. The staff was friendly and helpful.
I stayed there for a week and I woke up in the middle of the night once due to the noise from the bars on the side of the hotel. But other than that there was no issue. I still enjoyed staying there. I stayed there during Oct 2011.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room away from the side with several bars.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
It’s great to here you are a returning guest to the Hotel and you enjoy the location plus found you room to be a good size and comfortable.
I will pass you kind comments on to the team about their friendliness and I am pleased to know you enjoy staying with us.

Stafford,England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Booked through Hotel.com as a mystery hotel at excellent rate and then got further discount from them as well meaning we paid less than £60 for a double night bed and breakfast. When we arrived we had an upgrade to an executive room. So I can hardly complain can I .....a large Kings Size bed a full buffet breakfast with plenty of choice and centrally located for the city. If you want to park (across the road remember to ask reception for a discount code this gives a reduction on check out of 50%. The hotel rooms do need a bit of an upgrade and the TVs and online keyboards attached with complex instructions are rather antiquated to say the least. Also no wi fi unless you pay for it.......all the discounts and competing for business and a petty £2 charge (then the code did not work......these little things become tedious to say the least.
On the whole though if you can get a deal it is worth the stay as it is a typical boutique hotel though a little tired

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Plaza Nottingham? Share your experiences!