“park plaza nottingham” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“park plaza nottingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very pleasant stay staff were very well mannered and helpful given us directions for out day out in city center. i would recommend this hotel to many.
There was no on site parking and had to go around the iland and back on ourselves to get to parking area , but it was well worth it for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I booked superior but upgraded to executive on arrival
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for your review.

It is pleasing to see that you have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you found the staff to be helpful and polite. We share our reviews with the team each morning so thank you for such a positive review.

I trust we can welcome you back soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Slough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Good location, although the lack of complimentary car parking is a negative. The bedroom was great however at no stage were we advised that a major building project was going on at the rear of the hotel - the ear plugs provided by the side of the bed indicates its not going to be restful! Granted they don't start until 8.00 am but if you want a lie in you have to plug your ears in. Good breakfast and nice lunch in chino latino but won't be rushing back.

Room Tip: Would ask for front road facing room if you want a lie in!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to hear that you will not be rushing back to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed Breakfast and the food in our Chino Latino Restaurant. There has been minimal disruption to the Hotel in terms of the building next door and have strict times to work in consideration for our guests. You may be pleased to know that the Hotel will acquire parking facilities once the project has finished.

In light of this I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Antrim, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night for business and one night was more than enough. My room was tiny, barely room to stand between the bed and bathroom. It was also really noisy at night.
The food wasn't great and was expensive...not a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do have different room types, Superior and Executive rooms and Suites. Some of or superior rooms are smaller than others but some guests find them to be cosy. If you are willing to share your food experience , please contact me directly at the Hotel

sutton in ashfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked 2 rooms for the Saturday. One for ourselves, the other being as a suprise for a friends birthday as we were dining at the nearby Harts restaurant & wanted them to relax & not worry about a taxi home(we live 15 miles away) It has a good clean, modern looking interior with a Pan Asian restaurant incorporated into it(smelt good)
The only downside to our stay was the the bath having rust marks around the metal fittings of the shower & MOULD around the bath(room 402). Surely someone is in charge of overseeing these matters. Half hour job to clean out & re-seal!! Didn't look good at all!!
All the staff were friendly & helpful. The bar was open late with none of the staff in a rush for you to 'drink up'. I think we left around 1.30am, with peole still drinking without being annoying.
Breakfast was buffet style which was ok but I do prefer one cooked to order instead of stood under heat lamps & having to toast your own bread!! Each to their own I suppose?
It's in an excellent location & although it doesn't have it's own car park they do discount the parking at the nearby NCP by half, making it £8.50 for 24hours
We had an enjoyable stay & would return.

Room Tip: Please call the hotel as there is currently demolition work being carried out at the rear
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and you found that staff to be friendly and helpful.

I am sorry to about the standard of bathroom; we have a rolling plan to keep on top of the silicon in the bedrooms, I will highlight this room to the head housekeeper to be a priority.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for our trip to see Michael McIntyre and got off to a really bad start as the Nottingham one way system seems to confuse everyone! Finally parked and walked to the hotel as it has no car park. Should have 'google earthed' it before we went and found out the nearest car park as no one could direct us. Even a policeman just could not help!

Treated ourselves to a drink in the bar while we waited for our room to be ready and was a bit taken aback to be given a double at nearly a fiver a time!

Had only booked the room and were offered a deal for the two of us - breakfast, morning papers and small bottle of wines each and homemade chocolates AND a free film all for £25! Great value. My only problem is having three chocolates for two people!

Large room had comfy beds and despite being on the main road, was fairly quiet. Good air conditioning meant the windows could stay closed. Tea making equipment and toiletries provided. Surprised to see the bath had a handle missing, with sharp screw heads sticking out
of the bath!

Breakfast was really good with an 'all you can eat' hot buffet but lots of cold options if you preferred. Staff very friendly and I got a nice reply when I emailed about the bath!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I sorry to hear that you had problems finding us in Nottingham’s one way system, should you stay with us again, a tip is to follow car park the signs to the castle zone.

There are two NCP car parks opposite the hotel, St James Street/Mount Street national car parks, and they offer the hotel discounted parking. (Ticket to be validated at Reception) We also offer valet parking at a charge of £15 per night.

I am pleased that you chose to have the Park plaza plus package added to your room and found this to be value to money.

I can see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I am happy that the team looked after you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

we recently stay at Park Plza Nottingham and really happy with our choice. the room is really nice - however it was a bit dark, and service is good. the hotel is really near the city centre ( 2 minutes walking), which is really convinient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like the location of our Hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back soon

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Considering this was my 3rd visit to the city of Nottingham in the last 6 weeks, my experience at this hotel in comparision to others is second to none. From the moment I walked in till I checked out, it was first class treatment all the way. The staff were unbelievably incredible, especially the Restuarant manager (09/11/12)... I was in awe. The dedication to your staff and customers, making them feel welcome and comfortable, etc, was very impressive. You all deserve a xmas bonus!!!!!. The breakfast area was a good mixture of cold and hot food. OMG, the cereal bowl, that's the biggest I've seen in all the hotels I've been fortunate to stay in, even bigger than USA's....:-)

Even though the hotel is located on a busy road, once I was in my room, it was total silence, you can hear a pin drop. The room was clean, very comfortable, the bed felt like water bed.....I could go on and on. Planning to visit Nottingham, business or pleasure, please stay in this hotel first before trying others.

Ok, the only downside, if you're like me that needs access to the internet 24/7, you will have to pay to have access. I was a bit surprise but I had my internet dongle so didn't need to pay for wifi connection.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

It’s always nice to read such a lovely review and I pleased to hear the staff looked after you. If you stay with us regularly, you should enrol to the Club Carlson program; this entitles you to complimentary Internet access when you reach a Silver elite membership.

I trust we will see you again considering your review.

Operations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Nottingham? Share your experiences!