“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value and lovely atmosphere. Friendly efficient staff welcome back after your fifteen year break, .good choice of menus.

nottingham uk
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

this restaurant delivers what it says great Italian rustic food at its best . The waiter was very good and friendly but not over the top in your face The food was piping hot and presented very nice
the home made bread was to die for we had salmon prawns mussels anti pasti chicken and all was very very good cant wait for next visit which will be very soon What a great time thanks

• Visited October 2012
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Buonissimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having searched for somewhere special for my girlfriend and I to share a meal tonight, we couldn't have have found somewhere more delightful than Reno's. She being a discerning diner and I being a self confessed Italiaphile, we were looking for something beyond the usual fayre dished up by the often disappointing Italian themed, big name chains and this independent, family run restaraunt certainly came up trumps.
My girlfriend had known and loved the Reno's of old, but we only discovered this fairly recent reincarnation after some careful research on the internet and it certainly lived up to the many excellent reviews which we found there.
The restaraunt is bright and fresh, but with an undeniably Italian feel and the warmest of welcomes from the owner and staff.
The menu had a good selection of home cooked dishes and we both opted for mussels as a starter. These we found to be delectably fresh tasting, complimented by a delicious tomato based sauce and home baked bread. My girlfriend followed with steak D'Anna, which came with a wonderfully creamy sauce and a selection of fesh vegetables and roasted potatoes. I was seduced by the fact that all of the pastas were home made and so went for ravioli with a porcini mushroom filling. This had a marvellously intense,earthy flavour and a mouth pleasing texture and was served with a deliciously complex, creamy mushroom sauce, the smoothness of which was particularly remarkable. A delightfully crisp insalata mista played off nicely against the richness of the dishes and a bottle of Puglian Negroamara washed everything down very nicely indeed.
Having been amply sated by satisfyingly generous portions, we shared a Limoncello cheesecake, which combined the refreshing sharpness of the classic liquer of the south with a fresh cream cheese topping and delicious biscuit base. A perfect end to an immensely enjoyable eating experience. Bravo! to all at Reno's. We shall certainly return.

• Visited March 2013
Derbyshire, England
“Marvelous food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went here earlier this month using a Living Social voucher. We haven't always had great success with vouchers, but Reno's exceeded our expectations.
Both service and food were excellent. The menu was carefully explained and when we ordered and I said I'd like some bread as well (which I would have had to pay for) I was told that there was enough bread with what I was getting anyway and that an extra order would probably be too much. So even though they were only getting a fraction of the ordinary cost of the meal from the voucher, they turned down some money they would have received in order to make sure I had a good experience.
As others have said, the lasagne was great - probably the meatiest I've ever had, with delicious fresh pasta. Starters and desserts likewise. Not a huge selection but all homemade and you could tell the difference. The next time I want to take people out to dinner it will be to Reno's. It's not expensive and is tremendous value for money.

• Visited March 2013
Nottingham, UK
“Loved it first time round and thrilled its back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Raf works hard to make sure everyone feels welcome and the food as ever is amazing, best lasagne and desserts bar none! Never had a poor meal here and I'm sure I never will, consistently excellent :)