“Late cancellation by the hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Roomzzz Aparthotel Nottingham City

Roomzzz Aparthotel Nottingham City
You added Roomzzz Aparthotel Nottingham City to your Saves list
Roomzzz Aparthotel Nottingham City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Talbot Street, Nottingham NG1 5GS, England (Formerly The Welbeck Hotel)   |
Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Nottingham
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Late cancellation by the hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Absolutely fuming! So it's my birthday and my friends hen party in Nottingham next week. I booked this hotel two weeks ago and it is due to open on 1st May. Yesterday (28th April) I had a phone call to tell me that they will not be opening because they have no furniture! I was not too pleased to say the least. Surely they would know that this would be a problem a lot sooner then this! To make it worse they did not have another hotel for us to stay in however they did recommend a hotel which was over £20 more! As it is so close to the date there are no alternative hotels within the same price range. I don't think that the offer of a free room at a later date will help- I'm pretty sure my friend couldn't rearrange her hen party!
Shocking management and I think they need slapping with a cancellation charge!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
RoomzzzNottingham, Manager at Roomzzz Aparthotel Nottingham City, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sarah

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and for your honest feedback. At Roomzzz we take your comments seriously and utilise them as a tool to improve upon the service we provide.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you feel with regards to the cancellation of your booking at our Nottingham aparthotel. We were notified on Monday by the building contractors of some delays that would affect the health and safety of our staff and guests. Therefore, the decision was taken out of our hands that the hotel would not open on 7th May as scheduled.

This unusual situation is certainly not representative of our usual high level of service towards our guests and I genuinely hope the complimentary stay will help restore your faith in us and I look forward to welcoming you to one of our Roomzzz aparthotels sometime in the future.

Kind regards

Natalie Heath
UK Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

Stayed here while on a stag weekend. Good value for money! Not 5 star quality but room was nice, clean and breakfast was standard buffet style. Depends on what floor you stay on depends on how much noise you here! Ground floor is not recommended as rooms are very near reception. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

Recently stayed here with a friend to enjoy a night out without worrying about taxi's home.
Hotel is perfectly placed for Rock City gigs & even great for royal theatre shows. About 5 mins away from centre of town but still somehow in a quiet area.
The staff are very helpful willing to do anything to keep us happy even if we were being slightly annoying.
The rooms are adequate nothing special & slightly outdated but the beds are huge, felt like I was in a different country.
Grab & go (the version of breakfast) was nice & quick pastries were baked brilliantly & were told to help ourselves.

Was told that the hotel is going under refurb in 2015 & should be a lot nicer when they reopen I personally can't wait to stay at the newer version of the hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

This hotel really doesn't charge a lot of money considering it's location - right in the city centre of Nottingham. It's immediately behind the much more expensive Crowne Plaza, but for £50 a night you could stay three times longer at the Welbeck!

Downsides? Well, it is a touch tired and the complimentary breakfast is just one of these 'grab-and-go' breaksfasts ... but what do you expect for the money?

The staff were helpful and courteous if not overly friendly, but for a one-night overnight stay I shall definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Kingston Upon Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

My Hubby and I have just got back from spending the weekend in Nottingham. We were at Rock City for a concert and also took in a few pubs and the Christmas Market. The hotel is in a great location for all these things. Rock City is just around the corner, but not close enough to cause any disturbance. The City centre is a short walk away. The parking is no problem as it is right next door to a multi storey carpark, which shuts between 1am -6am, which I feel gives a bit more extra security. If you ask at the hotel reception you also get a discount on the parking, £10 instead of £14.00. The room we had at the hotel had a super kingsize bed which was very comfy. The bathroom was good with having both a bath with a shower over. There is no restaurant but you are provided with a self service breakfast which was a selection of Muffins, croissants, fruit, juices. All very nice. We would definately stay here again and plan on doing so in the Summer.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
derby
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

thought the place would be ideal, 5 mins walk to the pubs etc, booked 4 rooms for myself and friends to enjoy a xmas night out, 59£ for a room sat night in dec, booked in dropped our bags off, thought it was cool in the room but thought that the heating would come on later. came back at 11:30pm and went to the room, freezing , no heating, it was about 2 degrees outside and about 1 degrees inside the room, reception said they know the heating is faulty in a "few rooms and it should be fine, but if we wanted we could have an electric heater. sorry but if i pay for a hotel room i dont expect to have to ask reception for electric heaters , this shouldn't occur, if you know the heatings faulty they shouldn't let the rooms out or already have backups in place. After an appalling nights sleep due to the temperature we got dressed adn checked out, remarking to the receptionist how bad things were. He replied they know they have issues with a number of rooms central heating and they are planning to shut the rooms the following week to repair, this I doubt at the busy time of the year. the welbeck seem to think its fine for customers to pay for a room and not expect a decent standard, you cant even refuse to pay as you have to pay upfront, obviously they know that people would refuse to pay. so moral of the story if you get a room on the 3rd floor, go out and buy a quilt as we couldn't find any blankets or anything, Maybe great in summer but no joy in winter. pay extra and stay down the road, least you will be warm

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Welbeck2014, Manager at Roomzzz Aparthotel Nottingham City, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience during your stay. Unfortunately we had an issue with the heating and were not able to solve it promptly.
If you would like to contact me by email, I’d be happy to discuss this further (reception@welbeckhotelnottingham.com )

Kind regards

Daniela Gemelli - Welbeck Hotel
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014 via mobile

stayed at this hotel at the weekend for a weekend away with friends. Hotel is located next to a car park, coat of 10 quid for overnight stay is good for parking. It is located a few mins for the centre which is good. Slight issue we had in our room was missing tiles which had been damaged. But for 60 quid a night you can't complain, cheaper then chain hotels. Breakfast on the go in reception is added bonus but don't expect a feast just a bite to eat on the go.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Roomzzz Aparthotel Nottingham City? Share your experiences!