My wife had won a free night at this hotel when at the Hilton Watford (where we live) at a charity ball for the children`s ward at Watford General Hospital. We decide to use this up on our return to Watford from Kinloss (nr Elgin) after visiting son and grandkids on 21st Dec. After a long and not that pleasant a journey we found the hotel but not how to get to the entrance. Even a local taxi driver couldn`t give me directions. So eventually driving down a bus only section of road got us to the hotel entrance. We were greeted in the forecourt to be asked if we had booked parking. As we hadn`t been told that booking was required when we phoned there was no space for us. After depositing the wife and luggage I was then directed to the multi story car park opposite. As there were several parties taking place that night we were put in a room on the 6th floor that is reserved for "honours" guests. The room was very large but with the smallest double bed I`ve had in any hotel. Also to get to the 6th floor required taking the lift to the 5th, going through several doors to a staircase, slightly inconvenient.
The restaurant is a Nicholsens american themed (supposedly). The menu was very very limited to say the least. Even though our winning package included evening meal and breakfast I was sorely tempted to eat out.
The good things about this hotel were the staff who were very friendly and helpful and the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the shopping and cultural delights of historic Nottingham from Hilton Nottingham hotel. This Nottingham hotel is a beautiful Victorian building situated in the heart of the city center, with contemporary décor and furnishings throughout the interior. Featuring a 60 foot indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, the longest hotel pool in the city, a fully equipped LivingWell health club and fitness center and a business center for corporate events and business guests, this unique Nottingham hotel is a delight for guests visiting historic Nottingham on business or to take in the sights and sounds.Step into Nottingham restaurant Nicholson’s Bar and Diner and enjoy modern and stylish American cuisine in an upscale diner setting, perfect for group dining or intimate romantic meals. Choose delicious cocktails from the extensive drinks menu and relax before a sampling the popular and lively night life that Nottingham has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nottingham Hotel Nottingham
- Hilton International Nottingham
- Nottingham Hilton International