“not hilton standard” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Isle of Man
“not hilton standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As a gold member we stay in Hilton's all over the country.
This hotel has small dated rooms, and we stayed in the deluxe rooms.
At £106 a room it is a joke, very dated rooms compact bed, dirty window sills.
No air conditioning, bath with a mixer tap no shower.
Hampton Hilton's are far better than this, it needs an update.
The floors and the bed creak
We won't stay in this Hilton again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear wheeleraIsleofMan,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not fully satsfied with the standard of the Hotel and as a result you will not choose to stay with us again.

unfortunately due to the age and restrictions in place on the building we are unable to install air conditioning in to our guests rooms. We do however offer our guests two options, we provide in room fans which can be located within the wardrobe or alternatively we offer air cooling towers which can be requested from Reception (subject to availability).

I do hope that we can welcome you back to a Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Only spent 1 night but very nice hotel, friendly staff, alas the bar closed earlier than the 1am mentioned on the bumf on the Sunday night as they "were not very busy" :-(
Made up for it though with the very attentive staff at breakfast. OJ re fills and a smashing buffet breakfast. And the toaster toasted the bred well, a first for any hotel I have stayed in.
Room was small but ok, good drinks selection in the room with nice teas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear NathanBroon,

Thank you very mcuh for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us at our Hotel, it is also a great pleasure to read of your great experience here with us especially, our fantasic city centre location, delightful and friendly staff and delicious breakfasts.

It will be our pleasure if we could welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future and I sincerely hope that we can.

Kindest regards,

Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at a very good breakfast inclusive price over the August Bank Holiday Weekend. Picked a larger room at a slightly higher price. I do wonder whether a lot of those complaining have paid for the size of the room they then moan about being too small. The room had space for more furniture

I had stayed here a number of times a few years back for work hadn’t changed a lot. I have stayed in 3 other hotels in the city I would have viewed this as average by comparison.
I hadn’t booked parking but the very helpful concierge found me space on their front outside the Car Park for our first night. Receptionist was not that interested.

Breakfast was fine and plentiful, had a lot worse.

It was warm so opened the window a bit which let in noise but that didn’t keep me awake. It is a busy city for night life and t here seem plenty of places to be out til late. Rather surprised to have workmen working on the hotel outside bedrooms early on a Bank Holiday morning.

Found fan on last day, left a charger which was efficiently returned once I claimed it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BasilsTravels,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here with us especially, our helpful and friendly concierge team, delcious breakfasts and fantastic city centre location location.

I am however sorry to hear that you were woken by contractor staff during your stay. This is as a result of Hilton Nottingham recently starting a £1.5million refurbishment project which will modify all the windows within the property, providing our guests with a more peaceful nights sleep. I do hope that you can forgive us for this, however I will be sure to speak with the contractor manager to ensure that works do not commence at an unreasonable hour.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near futrue.

leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

When we arrived, they put us a room at the very top of the hotel, got the room to 5th floor & then walked up a separate staircase to 6th floor. When we walked to our room, the room next door had a sign on it saying building work was going on; we went in our room & scaffold going around the outside. After being in the room about 10 minutes, people were walking by the window so we asked to be moved.
They moved us no problem & the new room was nice. the reason for the average review was that they obviously knew the scaffold was there & work was going on adjacent, they obviously had other rooms free - they just decided to try & see if they got away with putting us in the room they did.
The breakfast was excellent, the service in the breakfast was excellent. The hotel is well appointed & the rooms are alright.
Only a few parking spaces but car park opposite with very slight reduced rate on offer but £13 for 24 hours.
Overall good but would have been a better review if they hadn't tried to palm us off with a room next to building work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Karlbillo,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am pleased to hear that you found our breakfasts to have been delicious, our city centre location to have been fantastic and staff to have been brilliant, I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with the original room you had been allocated. I will be sure to speak woth the Front office Manager with regards to allocating of rooms, in order to prevent any unnecessary future inconvenience.

I do hope that this has not detered you from staying with us again as it would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Nottingham.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I needed a single room for Friday night and had a clean, comfortable room with a great breakfast for the price of a lower category chain. Once again the sat nav instructions were lousy (former market leader there has lost the plot). Check in was efficient. Staff friendly and if you leave the multi-storey carpark before 9:00 you only pay £ 6.
Overall very satisfied with the stay.

Room Tip: Single rooms are small but have a good double bed, and decent desk so don't be put off by 15 m2.
Dear PercyPorker,

I am overjoyed to hear how fantastic your experience at our Hotel truly was as a result of the lovely room allocated, delicious breakfasts and friendly and attentive staff. It is always a pleasure to hear what a brilliant job we are doing and I will be sure to share your feedback with the whole team.

I hope to welcome you back again.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here as part of a hen weekend package.Driving around the Nottingham city centre one system didnt make it easy to find so a tip here is to park in any of the multi storey carparks and leave your car there.All 24hrs and cost £15 per night same price if your lucky enough to get one of the 20 spaces the hotel has.And walk to it.Do not agree with the previous review room 320 was spotless big and clean and a good night sleep was had.The breakfast was good except for the musherooms as previously mentioned out of tin why???Everything else was great and lots of choice.It s right in the middle of things and for what we paid extremely good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Diane J,

I am delighted to hear of your fantastic experience with us, which was made even better by our fantastic city centre location, delicious breakfasts and lovely large and comfortable rooms. I will be sure to pass on your very kind comments to the team as they too will be thrilled to hear your very kind comments.

I do hope we can welcome you back tot he Hotel in the near future.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My second visit to a Hilton within a few months and just as bad, if not worse than it's Gatwick counterpart. A great location - undeniable, with the shops and nightlife right outside. The lobby too looks promising - with a modern sheen. However, venture upstairs and it's a whole different story. My room was little bigger than a closet. This is despite being told on check-in that I had been upgraded. The bed was tiny although I booked a double. The room was stifling. Yes it was one of those hot summer days but I had to keep two fans running continuously all night and so ruining my sleep. The room was tired... scuff marks everywhere, ripped carpet with average amenities. Like a lot of people on here, reviewing this hotel, I expected more for the Hilton brand. It's very much the poor relation - and there are far far better places to stay in Nottingham.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear John B,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am delighted to hear that you found the location of the Hotel to have been fantastic as it provided you with instant access to the city centre and all it has to offer, I am very sorry to hear that you were not impressed with the remainder of your stay.

Should you choose to stay with us again I will be more than happy to request a much larger room for you in order to ensure you are able to get the much needed sleep you deserve.

We are currently in the middle of our refurbishments which will address the issues you have highlighted to us in your feedback.

i do hope that we can welcome you back again.

sincerely,

paul Michael
Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Nottingham? Share your experiences!