“Good Food & Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #170 of 1,150 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
nottingham
“Good Food & Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate on the early bird menu which was really good value for money. Great food and the staff were very attentive and helpful.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have had to come back again! I love the food here, we have been on several occasions, either for birthdays or treats. The food is just the best with a wide variety and very reasonably priced. Sometimes when they are busy the service can be a bit slow, but this can be forgiven when the food arrives! Thank you for a lovely birthday for myself and my daughter. xx

• Visited February 2013
“Anniversary Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We chose to celebrate our 52nd Anniversary by having a Fine Dining Experience at the Riverbank Bar & Kitchen and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent.

Each course we chose we could not fault with a special mention to the Scallops with Shredded Black Pudding and the pallate cleanser of Rhubarb/Yoghurt & sorbet.

The service was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful and attentive without being overfussy.

It has a great riverside location and delightful ambience . We will certainly visit again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RiverbankManagement, General Manager at The Riverbank Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Congratulations on your 52nd Anniversary! What a fantastic milestone!
Thank you for choosing the Riverbank to celebrate your special day. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff who always get a boost from such positive feedback!

Thank you once again and hope to see you again soon!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Would not bother!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Would just like to say, I came for a roast here and thought the choice was abit dire......pork or beef is that it??? I asked the lady at the bar if I could change the meat to chicken as they do a chicken dish on the non roast menu and the chef was behind the bar also and I could hear him moaning and ranting.....(what is the big effort of changing the meat?) She agreed it would be fine.....so I got my beef dish (which had been changed to chicken, note on the menu the beef dish comes with a yorkshire pudding) and what do you know....no yorkshire pudding? I pulled the waiter up about it who was actually really nice and he gave me one but he did say they had to change what was on the roast to conform to what they served on a chicken roast which they sold in the restauraunt (thanks for telling me this at the bar)....overall the roast was one of the worst I have ever had in a pub/restaurant....I have had nicer ones in a carvery at a fraction of the price! Not only was it not that nice but there was hardly anything on my plate! I left hungry and pissed off to say the least, will not be coming here again!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Riverbank for your Sunday lunch. I am dissapointed of course to read of such negative feedback on an otherwise very succesful Sunday lunch service. If only you could have made us aware of your dissatisfaction, we could have done so much to put things right.

Our Sunday lunches in the bar rarely attract negative feedback and we also have a more extensive menu in the restaurant where you would have been able to order chicken...with a Yorkshire pudding.

Thank you again for choosing the Riverbank and I hope that you visit us again in the future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Lovely Ladies Night menu with a delicious cocktail. Great value and efficient, friendly staff. Will definitely come back!

• Visited January 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you so much for such psoitive and valuable feedback! The mushrooms on toast and sticky toffee pudding sure have been a popular choice in January coupled with the 50% off promotion we ran.
We also run a 50% off promotion for our Loyalty card holders, so maybe you should get hold of one if you havnt already, to get more great discounts.

Thank you once again for chooing the Riverbank, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. Hope to see you again soon.