“"Wonderful place to stay"” 5 of 5 stars

The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast
and 1 more site!
You added The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   7 Littlegreen Rd | Woodthorpe, Nottingham NG5 4LE, England   |
Ranked #14 of 37 Nottingham B&B and Inns
Lake Worth, Florida
“"Wonderful place to stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the begining of our car trip to Scotland. We arrived in the evening jet lagged and hungry to a beautiful home in a quiet neighborhood. Our host was very friendly and helped us find a lovely place to eat. The room was super clean and comfortable and though the room is upstairs, it is not difficult to get to. Breakfast the next morning was fabulous! Delicious food! And we particularly enjoyed the happy conversation and loving dog. We so liked our stay that on our return trip south we stayed a second night. Thank you for very fond memories of our times with you. We will happily stay with you again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
josephineNottingham, Owner at The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your complements, I do try hard and it is so nice when someone tells the world, - so to speak. I hope you hop over the 'pond' again and manage to find the time to visit Nottingham again, we - that is , my dog and I, look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot on business and tend to book last minute.
I typed in the location of where I had a meeting on one of the search engines,and this B and B came up.
I had never used a B and B before and usually stay in hotels.
I decided to give this one a go and although a bit apprehensive to start with my concerns were gone the minute I got there.
Lovely room as good if not better than any hotel and an excellent breakfast. Will be staying there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review, - my motto is - I aim to please! glad that I seem to have done just that. Look forward to your next visit.
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night whilst dropping our daughter off at university so we needed a quiet, comfortable b&q which this indeed was. The host is very welcoming and goes the extra mile to make you feel at home with great advice on where to eat that evening. I looked at some of the comments on trip advisor but to be fair the b&b add clearly states it's an upstairs room and she is quite open about the fact she has a (docile) dog. We were very relaxed about such things and so we enjoyed our stay very much and had a lovely breakfast. Thank you! Would stay again because the room was so clean and comfortable.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
josephineNottingham, Owner at The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Delighted to hear that the Yellow House was all you had hoped for and more. I do hope that you will visit when you come to see your daughter at university again, look forward to it.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

There is just one letting room and it is in the loft. You will need to lug yourself and your baggage up two flights of quite steep stairs. The other negative is the so called bathroom which is rather minimal with a shower that needs some contortions to enter and exit. That aside, the room is clean and comfortable and quite adequate but not exceptional.

The owner is a very friendly lady with a dog. She clearly likes to chat with guests and if that suits you then its is fine. You need to like dogs as this one is definitely a feature of the household.

Having mentioned all the above, provided that these issues are acceptable to you then this is worth a visit but be aware of the constraints and then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
josephineNottingham, Owner at The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I rather think that in the advertising it mentions that the room is in the loft, - which makes it the second floor. I have yet to find a loft downstairs! Also it states that there is a dog and as the ground floor is open plan you will see him.
I feel it is unfair to complain about something that has been openly stated in the advertising.
I try to be as helpful and hospitable as I can be, often I bend over backwards to arrange : coaches, taxis , dinner reservations and directions, and I have information on a lot of local events and shows, etc.
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night in March 2013, having made a last minute telephone booking. The room was delightful and very comfortable. Suzanne went to a lot of trouble to ensure that we had everything we needed, including recommendations and directions on where to eat and fresh milk in the bedroom fridge. Breakfast was in the family kitchen and could not be faulted. Suzanne made us feel welcomed guests. It was, indeed, a home from home. Really lovely.

Room Tip: There is one room for guests at the top of the house which means climbing a couple of flights of sta...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
josephineNottingham, Owner at The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for the compliment of saying it was like home - that is what I try to do to make guests feel relaxed and welcome. Look forward to seeing you again.
llandudno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

the room was perfect, the bed so comfortable! very clean too. the host suzanne i found to be very pleasant and welcoming. breakfast was beautiful, very tasty! i will stay again when visiting nottingham and would very happily recommend. thanks for making my stay so nice... P.S i made it home (thanks for the directions) x

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
josephineNottingham, Owner at The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the delightful review, I look forward to seeing you in the spring/summer.
Somerset UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Yellow House during a particularly difficult time for my family and myself; it was a wonderful 'bolt hole' from a number of stresses, as it was quiet and extremely relaxing. The room is beautifully furnished and worth the two short flights of stairs to get to it and the house and the welcome are always both lovely and warm. I found Suzannes local knowledge of restaurants and facilities were always good and especially helpful when she directed me to an appropriate and helpful garage after discovering I had a flat tyre. Anyone who enjoys some quiet and tasteful space, but with a personal touch will find staying here an extremely pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
josephineNottingham, Owner at The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your delightful comments, I do try to find out what is needed before the guest needs it!
I have some more menus from different restaurents for you to try next time. It is also very quiet so hopefully really relaxing. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to The Yellow House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!