“One of the best Indians in Nottingham” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #727 of 1,153 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian
Nottingham
“One of the best Indians in Nottingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I always go here when I want to eat an Indian.
The food is amazing and not at all greasy.
There is a great range of dishes - with some that are a bit different along with the normal traditional dishes.
Lovely simple décor in the restaurant - but if you don't fancy eating in they also do take out!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hoddesdon.
“Wonderful food, with very helpful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was visiting Nottingham particularly to watch some cricket at Trent Bridge, and a friend recommended this jewel of a restaurant, as I was keen to have a good Indian meal. Without thinking, I went there on a Sunday lunchtime, and soon realised that the norm is the buffet-style lunch. However, when I mentioned that I had better go elsewhere, a very smart and efficient young lady member of staff made a point of speaking to the owner, who agreed that I could indeed choose from the full menu. And I am so glad that he did, as my main course of Lamb Madras was quite wonderful, both as regards the flavour and the tenderness of the meat. I also had some vegetable rice (a huge portion was provided) and a tandoori roti. All in all, the quality of the food, plus the kindness and efficiency of the staff has ensured that, on future visits to Nottingham, this will certainly be one of my regular stops. Thank you so much, Five Rivers!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Indian food as it should be,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The decor is simple but the food is anything but, excellent tasting authentic Indian food in a nice low key atmosphere. the dishes are as good as any Indian I have ever had and in my opinion, certainly not bettered anywhere in Nottingham.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Little gem in west bridgford,fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Best lamb madras i have ever had hmmmmmm. My friends had amritsar fish starter absolutely gorgeous-melt in your mouth. Other mains we had were whole tandoored sea bass and stuffed pepper thali. My friend is vegetarian and there was so much choice for her. The food was very tasty and NOT swimming in oil. We highly recommend,it is worth every penny.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
notts
“Fresh tasty food. Reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I eat here quite a bit. The food is always good and the set menu offers really good value. Never seems to be crazy busy, so can feel a little lonely at times, but I dont know why because it is a lovely restaurant.
Food always has a really fresh taste to it. The peppers are always crisp in the curry so you know its just been prepared. Keema naan is also very good. The fish starter thing is also really nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere