“Best scones you have ever tasted!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 72 restaurants in Hexham
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Best scones you have ever tasted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful experience!! The service and food here is amazing! And the best part about it is that it is child friendly! We have been a few times now and upstairs there is an area just for kids to keep then entertained. The service is fantastic and all the food is super yummy! By far the BEST cafe in Hexham with the BEST bakery!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Liverpool, England
“Great little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This place was a really pleasant surprise! The food was way above average coffee-house fayre and the service very pleasant and professional. Portions are huge- even sandwiches come with a decent side salad and lovely, homemade coleslaw.
The staff were so helpful with our cumbersome pram and helpful in finding a suitable table.
Good baby changing facilities plus a great play area upstairs for older kids.
Cakes are TO DIE FOR- Dieters beware!!
Really great place- there's another one in Corbridge and I hope they both thrive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds
“Wonderful coffee shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Wonderful range of food, wonderful cakes and good service. only problem is the portion was too large!

Visited October 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Ok, but nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've been into Grants for coffees and cakes in the past and always found it really lovely and such a nice style too; it's all been renovated recently as the cafe changed owners, so it looks brilliant. However, I visited with a friend a couple of weeks ago as I'd read reviews on here and heard from a friend that it was really delicious... But I was dissapointed to be honest.

On arrival, we went to the upstairs room and sat by the window. There was a tea pot and some cups and saucers on our table and, despite there only being about 3 other tables in the cafe, it took about ten minutes (no exaggeration) for the dirty cups to be cleared, and even then the table wasn't wiped so there were stains from the rim of the cups on the table. I work in a cafe and make sure that all tables are wiped whenever someone new sits down, just so that the customer knows its clean.

Anyway, I ordered a jacket potato with hot smoked salmon and my friend ordered a flatbread. Our drinks arrived swiftly but we waited about twenty minutes for the food which I thought was odd as it wasn't busy at all. However, I must say that there were only 2 girls working on the floor and they had to cover the upstairs and downstairs between them, so I would have expected a little wait anyway.

When our food arrived it looked delicious. My friend really enjoyed her meal as did I; but the 'hot smoked salmon' wasn't hot at all - not in flavour or temperature, so I was a bit confused. I probably would go back again but I was disappointed as it didn't really meet the standards that the reviews on here had made me expect.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Italy
“Dont walk past, walk in.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We live 30 miles away and have needed a place to go for perfection, at last we found it. In the beautiful town of Hexham amongst the traffic and shop sits a wee gem. We arrived mid morning a tad peckish so decided to have to Full Breakfast, all locally sourced food incredibly delicious and filling....the staff esp Linda very warm and attentive. The only problem was trying to leave, the shop has many delicious cakes, scones & bread. It is impossible not to buy half the shop. So after buying half the shop and speaking to the owner we were very happy with fully tummies and bags of goodies we will return again very soon....

• Visited September 2012