This was a two night stopover to tour in the area. The hotel is in the town and convenient for the station if you arrive by train. Whilst the hotel decor and room were not 21st Century boutique, the key things were right, namely:
- the bed that was comfortable with decent linen
- the bathroom that had a separate shower. (Pressure was low but it was the top of the hotel)
- the breakfast (all you would expect and cooked to order, therefore hot)
- the staff who were attentive
- the menu choice for the evening meal that was varied
- the price that wouldn't break the bank.
OK - you are in the town so there is no view but the green area across the road is pleasant enough. And 'in the town' does not mean noisy.
Hexham is close to Hadrian's Wall and Beamish Open Air Museum both of which are worth visiting. In summary - well worth staying here and you could pay much more for somewhere more flashy and in the country but still not improve much on basic needs for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 star family run hotel in the center of the market town of Hexham. Lovely location overlooking the Abbey and its grounds. 34 contemporary and traditional bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Beaumont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hexham
- Hexham Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Beaumont Hotel Hexham, UK - Northumberland