We spent two nights here in July and booked the double room. I had been in touch by email with Paul beforehand and he had been very helpful in suggesting places for us to eat in the evenings, and even went to the trouble of booking tables for us.
Both Paul and Kathryn are extremely hospitable and friendly, and we felt very welcome from the moment we arrived. Our spacious room was lovely – attractive, restful décor and furnishings, with a very comfortable king sized bed. There is a hairdryer, alarm radio/ipod docking station, flat screen TV/DVD player and hospitality tray provided in the room. The bathroom was pristine, with an efficient shower. There are luxury complimentary toiletries, and fluffy, good quality towels.
Breakfast is taken in the orangery at a large table shared with the other four guests. It was lovely to chat to our fellow guests, discussing plans for the day, and giving feedback on where we had eaten the night before etc. The breakfasts are wonderful. Fresh orange juice, home made breads, jams and marmalades, cereals, porridge, yoghurts, and the full Northumbrian Breakfast is a must! Delicious local sausages and bacon, and eggs fresh from the hens! Paul is always on hand at breakfast to serve and give advice on the local area etc.
We were visiting my elderly aunt in Hexham (a short distance away), and Kathryn and Paul were more than happy for us to bring my aunt over to see their herd of alpacas. They both took the trouble to spend time with my aunt explaining about the breeding programme and even invited her in for some freshly brewed coffee. They are both genuinely kind and warm people.
Would we recommend Fairshaw Rigg to others? Without any hesitation. Would we return? Most definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairshaw Rigg is an exclusive 5*, silver awarded, bed and breakfast establishment near Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland. Our guests always enjoy a warm and friendly welcome and accommodation of a very high standard. Relax in our luxurious bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms whilst enjoying tranquillity, privacy and individual service. Fairshaw Rigg is a small working alpaca farm where we specialise in breeding top quality black alpacas, most of which graze happily next to the house. Situated just 2 miles SW of the famous market town of Hexham, Fairshaw Rigg is near many places of natural beauty and historic interest. Hadrian’s Wall is very close by together with numerous other Roman sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Fairshaw Rigg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairshaw Rigg Hotel Hexham
- Fairshaw Rigg Hexham, UK - Northumberland