“Overcooked” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 394 restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We took over Brabenec’s in July 2007 and introduced a British menu using only the best fresh ingredients, changing our menu regularly in keeping with the seasons as much as possible. Our food is kept simple with no frills! It is all about the flavour and consistency of quality that we have worked hard on over the past few years. The same is to be said front of house, with skilled staff working very hard to create a warm and relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant at all times. At Brabenec’s we value all of our customers very much and as a thank you we offer a loyalty card. Every customer that dines with us is offered a 20 per cent discount card to return and use within the month. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Burlington, Vermont
“Overcooked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This proved to be a good choice despite not being, exactly haute cuisine.

A popular restaurant; definitely needed reservations. The staff were extremely pleasant and attentive without the superior attitude seen at so many restaurants.
Food, however, was very edible but hardly top rank.
Both the pork and lamb shank were a little dry, the generic veg were all steamed too long and the roasted potatoes hard i.e. either overcooking - or possibly a reheat process in certain cases - spoiled the meal. It could have been so much better.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
“Tasty food, wonderful service and a warm friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant after being recommended by friends, and we're so glad we did. We received a very warm welcome from our waitress who offered us a choice of tables. Once seated we were given ample time to peruse the food and wine menus, and a selection of warm home made bread and butter whilst we decided. I have to say that the food was absolutely amazing and in my opinion totally flawless. Warm salad of black pudding, bacon, apple and spinach for starter, belly of pork for mains, and lemon treacle tart for dessert...all cooked to perfection and served promptly and with a smile. I loved the atmosphere of this place too...the white table cloths and the brass table lamps...made me feel I was eating in a friends home. We will certainly be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northampton, United Kingdom
“lucky find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Trying to find a decent place for a last minute meal for two on Valentine's Day, where prices haven't been over inflated because of the date, is not easy. We were lucky to come across this restaurant and believe we have found a little gold mine. The food was excellent and plentiful and the service was impeccable.When researching them don't be put off by the amateurish website as they are definitely professional at running a great restaurant.We will definitely return and recommend it highly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Northamptonshire
“First visit in a few years, will be back soon.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've eaten in Brabanecs quite a few times over the years and really enjoyed the menu which used to contain a mix of european dishes.

This was the first time I'd been since it changed hands and I didn't realise that the current owners had been there for so long. The menu is more British based but doesn't suffer for it. There were choices for all tastes and everything we had was cooked perfectly, portions were generous, prices reasonable and service excellent.

It was a really enjoyable night and I'm looking forward to going back soon.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yorkshire
“Every bit as good as I remember from 2 years ago :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Found myself in town for a couple of days and made directly to Brabenecs on the first night as soon as they opened. Fantastic meal and good value too. The restaurant quickly filled up and were people waiting for tables by the time I left.

Service was warm and friendly, great family business. Nothing was too much trouble, and all requests were happily accomodated.

Food was excellent. Belly of pork was superb. I was so tempted to go back the second night and have it all over again!!

The starter and main I selected were featured on the special set menu, unbeknown to me, so I was pleasently surprised when the bill came as they had discounted the price accordingly.

Will definitely be going again when in the area, highly recommended!

• Visited December 2012