“Overstone Manor” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #256 of 397 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: English, Grill, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Overstone Manor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would normally choose a meal from the menu rather than the carvery but on this occasion our choice of fish and chips and Tuna and Prawn salad were not available. The carvery was very disappointing as the meal went cold before we finished. There was a long queue at the bar also. Not a good experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“If I was a shareholder, I would be selling them right away!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Now in the winter months, this place is usually good value for food and alcohol (although they could do with a few cask beers) but in the summer the place is rubbish for service. Take tonight for example, we turn up for a nice evening out only to find they have run out of food (apart from the carvery) and you have to queue as there are only two people serving (even if you only want to order drinks) and it was taking ages to get served, so we left and went to The Worlds End which was fully staffed.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the staff who were very overworked. They tell me senior management won't employ more staff at peak times and just told the two on duty to work harder! I think the Directors of this chain should be sacked for failing the shareholders of their company in not maximising profits by employing more staff. This place is very near a large holiday park and is generally pretty busy in the summer months, but the number of people, like us, who decide to go elsewhere must be pretty considerable and they are losing money. So if you want a good night out go elsewhere

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was taken here as a surprise from my boyfriend after a long day at work,he passes everyday as he is a delivery driver and thought how stunning it looked!
I was impressed by the place visually and thought in my mind this was going to be a great experience..it was very busy inside and we struggled to find a table a table I assumed this was a good sign as a busy place must be good,we found a dirty table and cleared it..this was even ok as they were busy..ordered drinks (25 mins at bar) then ordered food we were told at that point the wait was 40 mins..... 95 mins later after the people next to us (who were not there when we arrived) ordered ate and left we approached the manager who went to find our food and bought it over..i only wish I had taken a pic to show u,i have had better from a Tesco value ready meal..my 10 year old daughters tortilla wraps were all dry salad all wilted and to be fai im not even that fussy (hence the ready meals) but we cud not eat our meal..thank goodness mt Ronald is on out route home...gutted!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Overstone Manor, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Tanning Shop N,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Overstone Manor in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square
Wellingborough
“School Dinners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Overstone Manor last Sunday, firstly all the tables were reserved with times written on the cards of several hours away from when we arrived, to get a drink you had to join a queue, you were only informed of this when you got to the bar, so you were made to look foolish in front of the people in the queue who I thought were waiting to order food.
We had the Cavery which was average but I don't expect much for the money, we were gonna have desert but couldn't be bothered to join the ridiculous queue.
The management need to understand that adults would rather not be herded like school children.
I don't mind waiting for a drink but standing in a line like a 10 year old is pathetic.
We went to the Horseshoe in Sywell for desert, their Sunday lunch costs the same and you can even get a drink at the bar.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went here for Sunday lunch yesterday with family. Was a beautiful sunny day and there were lots of people. The beer garden is lovely and there is a very large kids play area. The pub itself is large and there are plenty of tables but the staff are disgraceful!

When you go to the bar , you have to form an orderly queue so it trailed halfway outside even though the bar area is large. Once we reached the bar we were told ( even before we opened our mouth) "you have to queue the otherside for food and theres a 40 min wait" - Not even a good afternoon or a smile!!

We decided not to wait 40 mins so went for the carvery. Again , queue up ! This went down fairly quickly but once we got there it was like a free for all!! The chefs were like they were working in a prison , slapping a couple of slices of meat on your plate and shoving it at you - Don't think he even looked at me - So rude.

Won't go back again on a busy Sunday.

• 3 of 5 stars Food