“Good, basic hotel but very close to dual carriageway so noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Northampton Wootton

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northampton
Travelodge Northampton Wootton
You added Travelodge Northampton Wootton to your Saves list
London Road | Wootton, Northampton NN4 0TG, England (Formerly Innkeeper's Lodge Northampton M1 J15)   |
Hertffordshire
“Good, basic hotel but very close to dual carriageway so noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I think Travelodge is a good hotel chain. You get a decent room at a very fair price. I found the bed fine, the bathroom was good but my main complaint is the noise. I am not blaming the hotel but wish that I had done some more research as I did not realise how close the dual carriageway was. It was so loud that I could not leave the window open and it was a very warm night. There is a Toby Carvery adjoining the hotel and I found it really good - much better than the one in my home town. The breakfast there was very good and the coffee excellent. If traffic noise would not bother you, then I would recommend this hotel but would advise looking at another Travelodge in the vicinity if it would be a problem for you.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is as far away from the dual carriageway so you are not bothered by the traffic noi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked this travel lodge as a base for the week and it was fairly cheap so didn't expect much. On arrival with my partner & three year old, I saw a man running from the pub (the entrance to this travel lodge!) to be sick on the pathway...to be honest I wanted to walk out there and then but it was quite late for my son so checked in. I was pleased to find the room we were booked into was clean and had a most things we needed, apart from a hair dryer or bath. Luckily i always take my own hair dryer so i was ok but my son didn't like the fact there was no bath! Anyway all of that i could cope with but after the 1st night i had to ask to swap rooms as the bed we had was awful! You could hear the springs & it dipped in the middle...the next day i had to get up as soon as i woke as my back was killing me! The staff were really helpful & nice & offered to move us into the next room, however that bed was just as bad. I would say if you have any back concerns or want a good nights sleep DO NOT STAY here! Otherwise its not too bad! Good points are that its central, clean, staff are nice...just sort your beds out as your current ones need taking to the tip!

• Stayed August 2013
GLASGOW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Booked this hotel for staff working in northampton wish i just stayed in the same hotel as last week..... back next week for three days and will NOT be staying at this hotel.

Minutes After the booking was made we called the hotel to advise that we will not be arriving until late on the Tuesday and depart early Thursday as the confirmation says we arrive Monday i assumed the hotel amended this as they seemed to understand when i was arriving and departing the reception staff proceeded to move our rooms to Level 2 side by side so all staff where staying near each other, On wednesday we had to make payment for another night as it turns out hotel staff cant move booking dates this needs done at central reservations who i must add are clueless as they say they will call me back within two day to move the booking... by this time we will be home.

The hotel in general needs a good clean and also has a few maintenance issues

Room 203 Kettle plug loose, Mattress on floor with no bed base, Toilet pan needs cleaned prior to guests arriving.
Room 204 bed missing from room guest had to sleep on floor using cushions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Neath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in a family room on 12/8/13 and 13/8/13,I booked online after checking that there were cots available and the rate was reasonable tho the reason we stayed was because there is a Toby Carvery onsite.I called the hotel after I booked to confirm that there would be a cot in the room and was told everything would be there.On the Monday we were not arriving until 6.30pm so I called ahead to confirm we were coming and again asked about the cot and was assured it was done.
Arrived at the hotel at 6.30pm and externally the hotel and restaurant looked fine.Picked up the keys from reception and went up to the room.The landing was dirty needed a good clean the carpet had been taken up and not put back properly and there was a big stain on the carpet.Upon entry into our room there was no cot.The room was a good size tho tired needs a lick of paint and maybe some clean nets (there was what looked like a blood stain on them) and clean curtains.
The Receptionist was apologetic and set the cot up for us and said that no one had put it in the book or told her.
We went to bed later and can only describe the bed as the worst thing ive ever slept on.I can fall asleep anywhere and when travelling on aircraft can sleep on the plane.It was a disjointed sleep as when I moved you could feel the mattress inside sticking in me.I didn't bother complaining at the time as we were only there for 2 nights.With hindsight I wish we had stayed elsewhere but the carvery won me over.
In short you would be better off taking a camper van and parking in the car park if you want a carvery that badly.I have since contacted travel lodge but as yet no reply.
As a final part the doors out of the hotel and the main restaurant are battered by suitcases,it wouldnt take much to keep them in good condition as it looked scruffy and gives the wrong impression .
I hope this review helps if you were thinking of staying there .Pay extra and get a good bed.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a really nice example of a Travelodge. We had a family room and there was plenty of space, the room was clean and well presented. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only issue is that the mattress in our room was incredibly poor and bowed in the middle which gave us very bad back ache and a poor nights sleep :0( If they could have replaced the mattress I would have given 5 stars for all!

• Stayed August 2013
Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked several rooms at this hotel for a family wedding and were very pleased with the location and price. The rooms were very clean on arrival and had tea and coffee making facilities which we were grateful for. We had a family room and all the beds were made up, the linen was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to assist and promptly sorted out a small issue we had so many thanks to Debbie and the team. Will certainly use this hotel again.

Aldershot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel and having used Travelodge on many previous occasions knew what to expect. After checking in to our room and whilst freshening up to attend a family meal we came across a couple of small faults. The basin would not empty and the toilet would not work sufficiently. I then brought this to the attention of a member of staff on duty called Debbie who was more then understanding and apologetic on the matter and being quite late in the day and drawing towards the end of her shift really went out of her way to come up with a suitable and agreeable solution to the problem. The next morning we were informed that there was a new room awaiting for us with full working facilities and they would be happy to move us when ever suitable. As we were on a tight time deadline to attend another family function Anne came alone and took control of the situation and bagged up all our belongings whilst we were out and took care of the whole move with the help of the other staff on duty. Whilst we were staying at the hotel we found all the staff there Debbie, Anne, Ashleigh & James to be really helpful and quick to respond to our problem and would recommend this Travelodge as a true 'happy to help' staffed hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Northampton Wootton? Share your experiences!