“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Northampton Wootton

You added Travelodge Northampton Wootton to your Saves list
Travelodge Northampton Wootton
London Road | Wootton, Northampton NN4 0TG, England (Formerly Innkeeper's Lodge Northampton M1 J15)   |
Janner land
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My partner and I stayed here on a Saturday night, we had a couple of reasons for choosing this particular location, firstly I was there to watch Northampton V Plymouth Argyle, whilst also visiting friends of the family who lived a few minutes drive from the hotel, making a weekend of it. This hotel ticked every box. I checked in early and the recepitionist at the Front Desk couldn't have been more helpful. The room was great and the bed very comfortable which was exactly what I needed after a long drive. Had a quick bar snack and drink in the bar of the adjoying Toby Cavery, before setting off for the match.
On returning, we had booked for a meal in the resturant, which was ok, the poor waitress could have done with some help (understaffed) but she did her best!
Very comfortable night, excellent shower/bathroom, room ( number107 )
Gave breakfast a miss on Sunday morning, due to que at the cavery. Would stay there again should I be visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
luton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Checked in quite late on a cold wet day, it was a nice surprise to see the room was lovely and warm and the lights were left on for me which made it feel really cozy, not like usual Travelodges! Check in was swift and very friendly, everywere was very clean and looked well cared for, even a box of tissues in reception! The receptionist explained that the Toby Carvery is a completely sepparate business and didn't open till 8am for breakfast, I would have assumed the two were linked in some way as they share the entrance but this is not so. Breakfast was a little dissappointing, dry and cold. to sum up, the accommodation was excellent, super clean, welcoming and friendly. 10/10 just a pity The Toby Carvery let its side down.

Room Tip: ring in advance if you have problems with stairs as there is no lift
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Maidenhead
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This one is a converted Inkeepers Lodge, I woudl probabaly say given a quick and cheap makeover. Reception staff were very helpful, room rate was good, quick and easy check in. Room was Ok quite large and clean. Went to the Toby Carvery for food at about 7:30 - very poor - only one meat, no roast potatoes, limited veg - did get told by the waitress in advance but was not as good as expected (chose hotel as it was connected to a Toby). Breakfast at the Toby started at 08:00 so was no use to me - why such a late start?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stay at quite a lot of Travelodge’s on my travels. Normally they are adequate but they seem to be quite run down of late and many of them I would never return to.

However I was really surprised at the quality of this Travelodge, It was excellent. It was modern, clean and the reception staff were really friendly. It was only just off the M1 so it was easy to find. I didn’t arrive until 01:00, I was knackered and I wasn’t feeling too good but the receptionist said not to hurry in the morning and to have a little lie in. I thought this was really nice of him.

I had breakfast next door at the Toby Carvery and for all you can eat for a fiver you really can't go wrong. The only downside was that tea was an additional £2 which I thought was a bit of a mickey take so I would avoid this in future and just have this back in the room but this was separate from Travelodge so I can't really fault them.

I'll certainly look out this Travelodge first in future. I just hope they don't let standards slip as they seem to have done with the rest of them.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My only complaint was the difficulty we had in finding this hotel! The postcode provided was miles away from the actual hotel but once we arrived the stay was fine. Clean rooms with lovely en-suites, friendly staff and an attached toby carvery for meals.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Swansea, Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Don't lose persepctive - this is a Travelodge for Travelodge prices - don't expect the Ritz.
Must say though, we were pleasantly surprised by this Travelodge. Clean and freshly refurbished, not the standard model used by Travelodge - it felt more like a Premier Travel Inn . I understand that it is a converted Inkeepers Lodge. Easy to find by car with free parking and handy for central Northampton , we used it as an overnight stop to visit the Rugby at Franklin Gardens. Staff was very friendly and helpful about buses and the like. Bought the room on advance sale for £19 but would be happy paying more if we returned. We were given a BOGOF voucher for breakfast in the next-door Toby Carvery - serving cooked breakfast only @ £4.95 which was, despite initial impressions really rather good. We had room 229, a room overlooking the front of the hotel and were well pleased.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lincolnshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights and, on the whole it was good value for money. We paid £51 for the two nights for a double room. (This was the "saver" rate where you do not get a refund if you cancel).

The room they gave us was a "family" room and was reasonably spacious. As well as a double bed there was a sofa which could obviously be made up into a single bed.

Our bed was comfortable and the room was clean and in good decorative order.

There was some traffic noise from the adjacent A45 road during the early morning commute time, but otherwise we were not disturbed by any noise.

The shower room had an excellent, spacious shower cubicle. There was an enormous mirrror above the wash basin but the downside was the lighting. There was just ceiling lighting which did not give adequate light for shaving.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the A45 side - it will be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Northampton Wootton? Share your experiences!