“Yet another good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hull
“Yet another good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was my second stay at a Premier Inn and I could not fault this hotel. The room was clean and did not smell. There was a nice view over the fields from the window and plenty of parking. It was good that there was a modern flat screen television, with access to all the Freeview channels, albeit that the TV needs to be retuned because a few of the channels have changed numbers. The bathroom was clean and fresh, and I had a good night's sleep. What more could you want? My only criticism is that the heating did not appear to work, but it was not too chilly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Road/A428, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear PipsqueakHull,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a detailed review. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay here at Northampton Bedford Road. However, please do accept my sincere apologies in regards to the issues you encountered with the TV and the heating. I would like to reassure you that this has now been fixed. Your feedback is crucial to us as it helps us follow up/resolve any shortfalls so thank you for leaving us your comment.

Please do note that we have a 24 hours reception so if you do encounter any problems during your stay in the future please do not hesitate to contact one of our team members who will gladly resolve any issues you might have.

Thank you once again for your great review and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Gabriela Pates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Llangollen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn, and I could not fault it in any way. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was a very pleasant surprise - spacious, spotlessly clean, uncluttered, and extremely comfortable. No expense had been spared on the quality of the bedlinen, pillows and towels. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Road/A428, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Fiona J,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn Bedford Road. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I will pass your compliments onto the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services we provide.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. I asked to be moved from the room which faced the main road next to hotel, I can't sleep with a window open and cars driving past all night. (Map doesn't indicate that the main road runs right next to the hotel - I try avoid these hotels as a precursor)
New room over looked big open fields which was great, unfortunately this side of the hotel is home to a large number of spiders under the roof, next to window and in the window frames, so having the window open meant a couple came in during the night.

Room was clean and kept tidy during my stay, but it did have an odour to it when initially I entered and also if windows were kept shut.

Staff were friendly enough, but didn't have much engagement with them.
Resturant next door is your standard greasy spoon type, only had breakfast, which was average, very friendly staff though.

But, what really spoiled this hotel for me was, I had left my sunglasses in the room on check out and only realised that I had later in the afternoon on the way home (it rained in the morning so had no need fo rthem), and unfotunately they weren't handed in to reception. Yes I know before I continue, it is my fault and only myself to blame for this, but I had hoped for more. I know they were in the room and I know where I left them, so a shame that they were taken. While this happens at hotels, it did highlight that if an oppurtunity is presented it would be taken, but at the same time leaves you wondering if you are on a long stay what else may go missing during your stay. While I'm not suggesting that this may happen or does, this has now left me with that feeling regardless, so I definitely won't be going back.

Room Tip: Choose a room that's upstairs and away from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Road/A428, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear kevis s,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am terribly sorry your have encountered so many issues during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies . This is not a regular occurrence at our Premier Inn and we have always returned any lost items left in the rooms by our guests.

I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly on 01604621933 to discuss this matter further.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

stayed here with work in august. Room was very spacious and spotless. Bathroom the same. big tv and very comfy bed - nice and quiet no street noise. Cost about £14 from train station to hotel in a taxi. Pub next door offered good pub food with a nice beer garden. Breakfast was cooked to order and was really lovely. Would stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Road/A428, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Helen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bedford Road. It is always very rewarding to receive such positive feedback and to know that we made your stay a comfortable and quiet one. It was an absolute pleasure to have you here and we do hope to see you again at Bedford Road in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the way to visiting friends.

The receptionist was very friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious with a good sized bed, good sized bathroom and a comfortable sofa. Everything was spotlessly clean.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HBread1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment following your stay at Premier Inn Bedford Road and i'm delighted that you enjoyed it here and that we delivered a great customer service experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Bedford Road.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here just for 2 nights, (10th &11th August 13) the staff were so pleasant and Karen on reception really knows her football, had a laugh as we supported opposing teams, lots of banter there.
All of the staff could not do enough to help us out in every way they could.

The Lakes next door Fayre & Square was excellent, The food was great, you had a big variety to select from, and the breakfast was well worth it too, We would go back as we were made to feel so welcome.
Sue & Dave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sue59-13,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn Bedford Road. At Premier Inn we always enjoyed taking care of our guests. We are delighted that you had an amazing time here. We really appreciate you putting trust in Premier Inns and its always great to see that our service culture helped provide you with a truly memorable visit. I will pass your compliment onto Karen and The Fayre and Square.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Bedford Road.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

After the initial confusion of bookings, which I wont go into, the young lady on reception; Padma, was extremely helpful and cleared up the confusion. I cant say enough; very professional and freindly. excellent. Room was very good, no noise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quiter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear David G,

Thank You very much for taking the time to share your recent stay with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed the hospitality and efficiency of our team member. I will pass your compliment onto Padma.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Gabriela Pates

Been to Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Road/A428? Share your experiences!