“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Leicester, UK
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Trip Advisor reviews pointed us there and once again they were right - our experience of Marmaris was utterly brilliant. We got there at about 9pm on a Friday and it was pleasantly busy. We ordered a bottle of (delicious) Turkish red and mulled over the menu. I chose a lamb kofte and the wife chose something exotic from the chef’s specials.

The guy who took our order was concerned that my wife might not like the unique and rich flavours of the dish she chose so he described it to her in greater detail – what fantastic service! My wife is very open-minded when it comes to food so had the dish anyway and absolutely loved it. Top marks to the waiter for being so considerate. My kofte too was one of the best I’ve ever had, as were the accompanying freshly made pitta breads, rice and salads.

I can’t recommend Marmaris high enough and can’t wait to go back, and I urge anyone reading this who likes middle-eastern food to do the same.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
  • Turkish first
northampton
“looks iffy but is surprisingly good!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband has been raving about this place for years and is a popular start for him when on a civilized night out in Northampton. Its not my usual type of place and could do with a serious make over but it sort of grew on me in the end! The food was surprisingly great, I thought it would have been like a dodgy Kebab shop at the end of a Saturday night but it was amazing! It was really fresh and tasty. I have a son with multiple food allergies so we rarely eat out with him but it was all safe for him which is VERY hard to find. The waiter looked like his mum just told him off but with a bit of banter warmed up and made an effort to engage the kids which is bonus points in my book! I was over all really surprised by it and would go again!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Good quality authentic Turkish grub. Freshly cooked in front of you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent fresh food really authentic. Real tasty Turkish food this is not really a restaurant it's more a dinner you keep your knife and fork and get a paper napkin. Your packed in and rushed out this place is very very popular. If your looking for great food then its fab. If your looking for a full evening of fine service then its not for you. The warm Turkish bread and onion is to die for !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Always love the food, very good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Always busy whenever I go, the Lamb chops are to die for! If you can really eat or go as a group I would definitely recommend the mains platter (sorry I forgot the name) so you get a bit of everything including ribs, wings, etc. Not keen with the salad as a side but the nan bread and the rice are the best I've ever had (I always ask for more rice and I am a Chinese!).

Love the Turkish tea there too, if there are any parking available for visitors I would definitely come more often.

PS always a queue for takeaways during Thur - Sat evenings too so beware of the busy hours as there is only 1 massive grill and 1 chef for all the order!

Visited April 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Best food in the town centre - by a mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I eat in this place every month or so. The mixed grill (most expensive menu item) @ £13 is excellent. With Lamb Pieces, Chicken wings, Kofta Kebeb, Lamb ribs, cooked onions, salad and rice, this is a very large meal and excellent. All the food is cooked over charcoal, and the mixed meze is also very good. The place is small so I would book and ask for a table downstairs. This is a top place for simple, but excellently prepared food.

• Visited May 2013