“Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Took friends to the riverview for Sunday lunch met by a charming waitress at the door that showed us to our table, the place was very clean glasses spotless cutlery very clean we had drinks then showed to the carvery the head chef carved the meat in good portions his uniform and appearance was excellent (credit to the river view staff) the vegetables piping hot and as much as you could eat well worth the money I consider this to be one of the best restaurants for food in Northampton to eat worth a visit

82% Recommend
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to book a table for Sunday lunch at a time that I wanted to but was told three days before that I would have to book later than I wanted so I agreed , I thought that this was because they were busy but to my amazement when we got there the place was empty apart from one table . We were greeted by a waitress who was less than charming to say the least and I said that we all wanted the carvery she told us to wait for the chef to appear then we could go up , well after a few minutes the chef turned up so we all went up to get our food well to start with if the plates had got any smaller then they might as well have been side plates the spotty faced chef then proceed to give me 2 slices of very fatty beef and said that's all help yourself to the vegetables which were cold and hard my mother's plate was just as bad only she had the gammon and my two son's plates were the same they also had the beef ,it's a good job my mother was with me and I didn't want to embarrass her or my son's otherwise I would have simply walked out their and then . I cannot believe they have the cheek to charge £8:95 for this rubbish it was only worth £1:95 at a push .I certainly will never go back neither will my mother and her friends and my son's with their family's ........your loss as just less than 2 miles away is a much better restaurant for the same sort of price.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“New years eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a excellent evening new years eve. The hosts were very welcoming and helped to make this a great evening. The food choice was very good and will book again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food excellent staff very warm welcome highly recommended
With 5 star hygiene rating very clean

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited this restaurant at lunch time, there should have been six of us but only four attended so the manager whoever he was stood right behind us and told the waitress to take up the spare settings and as we were not having starters to take up some of our cutlery which made us feel really welcome, not. We thought about going somewhere else as there are other restaurants nearby but thought we might as well stay. One asked if there was another menu and he brought one but said curtly something on the lines that she said she didn't want that menu. Service was slow, but there was only one girl doing everything, the meal was good three had liver, bacon, mash and peas and one scampi and chips reasonably priced at £6 a meal. Two of us had sweets the white chocolate cheesecake was nice but the christmas pudding was not good at all, and the custard was like, one lump or two, but on asking for more custard a small jug of it was brought and that was OK and hot. I will not be back unless it is organised by someone else and there is no choice. With all the restaurants there are in and around Northampton you would think that they would make an effort. Perhaps it was a bad day at the office!!

• Visited November 2012