“Basil faulty could do a better job....” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
“Basil faulty could do a better job....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Paid for a deluxe room with the pictures showing a sofa and I was allocated a room with no sofa, no air cconditioning, no working lamp (which is an issue when you are trying to work as the room is so dark even iI'm broad daylight) and a tv that shut itself every 30 mins (the timer was not on).

The free WiFi log in had a message saying you would be charged so I avoided it even though they advertise free WiFi.

The car park has an exit system that requres you to press a button to ring reception. The staff who thought their time was more important than mine made me wait an exceptional amount of time before they would make the effort to open the gate
electronically (twice).

The location is awful. Even something basic like an atm machine is a good ten minute drive away as they admit in their room brochure. Stay at the local Hilton instead or if they are full just sleep in your car for a better quality nights sleep.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
NorthamptonMarriott, Duty Manager at Northampton Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We aim to provide the highest standards of customer care at all times and I offer my sincerest apologies that the service you received on this occasion did not exceed your expectations.

I have personally reviewed your comments with the managers responsible for those departments which failed to provide you with the most basic of services and please be assured that processes have been put in place to address the issues you have raised.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stotfold, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a nice hotel with very friendly helpful staff, the room was clean and comfortable, although the aircon sounded like a helicopter was landing in the room, so had to be turned off. So all in all was a good stay and would have been happy to give a really good review.
However, not having pre-booked breakfast, decided to pay the rather pricey sum of £15.95 per person. What I was not expecting to see on my bill was a £3.99 service charge for a Self Service breakfast. When I queried it I was told that this is a new charge being applied across all UK Marriott hotels. This is TOTALLY unacceptable!
I feel sorry for the reception staff who will have to deal with customers who question this charge. I am pleased to say that my charge and my friends charge was refunded, but has left a distinct feeling of dissatisfaction from what otherwise was a pleasant overnight stay.

Room Tip: DO NOT PAY the Breakfast service charge of £3.99 per room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
NorthamptonMarriott, Manager at Northampton Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jo F,

Many thanks for your feedback relating to the service charge.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels and upholding our commitment to provide a unforgetable experience with exceptional service, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Kindest Regards,

Kimberley Pusey
Restaurant and Bar Manager
Portsmouth, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotels are hotels, but a host of friendly staff can distinguished an otherwise standard chain hotel. I think the staff at Marriott in Northampton has made their hotel an outstanding place to stay by their service. The room we stayed in was spacious. I was told the disabled room better than some others in the business. We were there for a wedding and while we think the food was ordinary, we thought the service made up for it. But maybe if you offer better food you can get extra income? We want to mention Simone particularly because she really helped us out when our car went flat on a Sunday morning. She helped jumpstart our car with hers. All with a cheerful smile on her face.

Room Tip: Very good accessible rooms.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My dauighter's wedding was here and the event was really well served by the hotel and its staff. Bedrooms were good and the hotel was clean and modern with a lovely octagonal venue room at the rear overlooking countryside. One member of staff even helped one of the party with jump leads and her car when one of our guests found their battery flat - above and beyond I reckon. It has to be one of the best hotels in Northampton for location and facilities.

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for a week related to business. Stay was convenient. Hotel is located near industrial park and close to A421. Good choice of English and Continental breakfast. Recommend you try their Smoothie. Refreshing as seems to be freshly prepared.
Good choice of food available in the restaurant. Make sure you get a code from reception as you leave in car out of hotel car park as it changes weekly.

Stayed March 2015
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a friends birthday with my husband. We didn't select the hotel so wasn't sure what to expect have to say presently suprised. Car parking facilities brilliant right next to door and huge, reception staff very helpful and accepted us before check in time. Room larger than expected for a standard double complete with iron and board which we needed but was expecting to have to request on standard room.

Bar was a little pricier but what you would expect in a hotel, again staff nice and helpful. Had a sandwich which I shared with husband and it was more than enough and very fresh and tasty.

We used the pool facilities on both days and reception kindly gave us tones to use. Both times hardly anyone in so had it to ourselves, clean, staff nice and a pleasant add to stay.

Breakfast was brilliant, everything fresh, no excess grease, staff clearing up and offering drinks.

I would recommend to stay here again and infact as not too far from home I did say we could have a night here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a regular for Sunday lunch at the Marriott so it was no surprise that the service, food and hotel were first class.

I feel compelled to write a review as Kim and her team in the restaurant went the extra mile to make me and my family feel special. The Easter eggs the finishing touch.

Thank you.

Martin, Bill & Hazel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Northampton Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!