“Very pleasant weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15

You added Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Loake Close | Grange Park, Northampton NN4 5EZ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Milton Keynes
“Very pleasant weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at this HI over my birthday weekend and were very pleased with both the service and the rooms. Booking in was quick and efficient. Our three rooms were placed near to each other. The room was neat, clean and an acceptable size. All appliances worked perfectly and the shower was hot and strong. We had a good night's rest and a satisfactory breakfast the next morning.
The hotel is perfectly situated across from a Harvester which made our birthday celebrations very pleasant. We could just walk over to the hotel after having a few drinks with our meal and not have the hassles of expensive late-night taxis.
Good: Staff, bed, bathroom, inside-hotel neatness
Not-so-good: Full bin outside front entrance, rubbish lying in entrance, oily smell from the kitchen into the lovely breakfast area.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Dealspotters,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Northampton.

I was happy to read that you had a very pleasent stay and that you found the Hotel to be friendly, clean and convenient for your plans.

I have spoken to the team in regards to the rubbish outside the Hotel and we will ensure more regular checks are made as this is the first impression of the Hotel and we must get that right.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sarah Vrech

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rochford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at midnight after attending a wedding reception at Silverstone Golf Course. The lady receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Our room was extremely clean, crisp and comfortable and breakfast the following morning was first class. Unfortunately, we had experienced car problems but the staff, particularly CLAUDE, whom managed reception on the Sunday morning went over and above our expectations to help us, i.e. contacting RAC, family, etc. Our sincere thanks for all your help. C. & L. Thompson.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sarah V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Lee T,

I was delighted to read your nice comments from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Northampton. It is always a pleasure to read that the staff went above and beyond to assist you at a time of crisis and they found you information for you to continue on your journey. I have passed your feedback onto the team members and they were delighted too. We as a company reward our staff when they have excelled in delivering great service and I will ensure they receive this.
I have also passed your comments onto the Housekeeping and breakfast team as they too enjoy reading feedback from our Guests,

We hope you choose to stay at the Hotel again in the near future

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Location was very convenient to get to, facilities were adequate and clean and modern-looking. Staff friendly and efficient. Our room was on the top floor, very quiet atmosphere overall, and our room was well appointed. Bed was a little too soft and seemed to bow in the middle, and pillows were tiny and definitely not as marked (2 'soft' and 2 'firm'--seemed to be 3 soft and 1 firm!). TV was very nice for the room, and bathroom was clean and adequate. There was a heater/air conditioning unit which was entirely too loud and completely inefficient. It would run for 10minutes, turn off for 1minute (making a great deal of noise whilst doing so), and then turn back on for 10minutes. It affected our ability to sleep but was a necessity as there were no other heating facilities (no radiator) and the room was cold. That was the major down point of the stay. We skipped breakfast so can not comment on the range and quality of it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Londongal796,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be conveniently located, comfortable clean and friendly.

With regards to your comments regarding the air conditioning, I will ensure the air conditioning units are checked throughout the Hotel to ensure they are all working properly. Due to the extremely cold weather conditions, we have been trying to keep the rooms at a comfortable temperature through the "stay cosy" cards which are put into the sockets before arrival.

We hope you choose to stay at the Hotel again in the near future.

Sidcup, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked this for one night when attending a function in Northampton.

Thought it would be pokey room but very surprised when it was so big with a sofa. Quiet nights sleep and well positioned with a very good restaurant over the road if you don't wish to eat in the hotel.

Room Tip: Breakfast - really worth getting up for
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Jacqui821,

I am always delighted to read about our Guest's stays, and was happy to read that you found the Holiday Inn Express Northampton to be good value for money.

We have implemented many changes to our breakfast and was pleased to read that it was really worth getting up for.

We hope when visiting Northampton in the future, you choose to stay at the Hotel and we are able to fulfill your expectations again.

Cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were attending an exhibition at Silverstone so booked in for the night before. The hotels easy to find off the motorway with stacks of parking to be had. Check in was ok if a little lacking in the personality department but hey we all have bad days.

My room (and my colleagues) were both disable rooms that we'd not requested so the bathroom was a wet room and in my opinion was worse for it. I diligently pulled round the shower curtain and still all the floor got soaked with spray which was a real pain in the proverbial.

At night we wandered across to the pub across the way which served fairly good pub food at a reasonable price. I'd have liked to have commented on the wifi connection in the hotel but the prices are quite horrendous and something that would definitely stop me from returning.

I had a good nights sleep and went down for the bunfight breakfast. As ever the automated toaster didn't toast bread properly and the coffee was really quite disgusting. As I said it was a one off stop but if I'm back in the area I doubt I'll return.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Noddyinnapa,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay.

I was surprised to read that your check in was lacking personality as the staff are always refered to as being pleasant and accommodating. I have spoken to the team to ensure we continue with these attributes.

With regards to your room, please accept my appologies that the bathroom was not convenient for you and that the bathroom flooded. I have asked our Maintenance Technician to check the drainage to ensure the water drains appropriately.

With regards to the breakfast, we set the toasters to the correct temperature, however the dials do unfortunately get moved by other Guests which then affects the toasters performance.

We value all of our Guest's feedback, and would hope that when in the area you do visit us again for us to restore your faith in the Hotel.

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here prior to the Silverstone Half Marathon on the 3rd March. Loads of parking, right on the M1 (but far enough away not to hear any road noise), great staff, the receptionist happily got me some fruit in the evening and the Harvester is literally one minute away from the Hotel's Reception. Room was massive (Room 23, disabled room on the ground floor), great wet room, choice of soft or hard pillow, shame you couldn't have the same choice re: the mattress!
Far too hard. Warm room with large TV, room was noisy until 1am (you just can't legislate for inconsiderate people in other rooms). Good, solid choice of breakfast on offer: scrambled eggs, sausages, beans, toast, fruit, yoghurts, pastries, cereals and all for £39.95 for a double room and breakfast. Great value place to stay, I wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bubblestim,

I am happy to hear that your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Northampton was Great and you found everything to be Great Value.

I do appologise for the inconvenience caused by the neighbouring room during your stay, and appreciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Kings Lynn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Booked this hotel for business stopover between two days of meetings, arrived quite late, staff on reception very friendly, although the lady that dealt with me had some trouble booking me in, informed me that I was too late to get food in the dining room, but no issue, also gave me times for breakfast in the morning, only criticism is that I was handed my room key, then had to look around for where the rooms were situated, never having stayed here before!

Room was nice and clean, bedding good, television in the room, bathroom nice and clean as well, Good night's sleep, very quiet for a busy hotel, would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sarah V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Jaxhatter,

Thank you for posting your greview after your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Northampton. I am pleased that you found the Hotel to be clean and comfortable for your stay.

I will discuss your comments with the team to identify why your check in experience was not efficient and see if training is required and to ensure directions to rooms are given at all times.

We hope to see you again ion the future and hope your experience is more efficient.

Sarah Vrech

Been to Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15? Share your experiences!