“Best curry in Northampton” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 397 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Indian Restaurant - Takeaway - Delivery. Bring Your Own Alcohol - no surcharges!
northampton
“Best curry in Northampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went to try lazeez with my wife and my son after getting bored with other local curry houses in northampton. The restaurant is nice clean and morden and we were given a warm welcome from the owner. Now I like my currys hot~very hot and I noticed a Naga curry on the menu, I ordered this and boy was it hot but I loved it so tasty could not leave it alone, My wifes and sons curry were also very very good packed full of flavor and lots of meat. I now order my Naga when I can't be bothered to go out, the tastiest hottest curry in town. 10 out 10

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Northampton
“Very Nice Indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place ticks all the boxes. The food is very good, the service fine, the ambiance good and it's bring your own booze. I think it deserves it's number one slot. The only thing that could be better is the street where you park your car!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great value and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

As you can bring your own drink the value of this place is not to be overlooked. Staff very helpful and friendly. I ordered the Naga Curry which was very very very hot...I was warned and it was very nice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancashire
“whatever else you do do LaZeez”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

fantastic food, staff atmosphere. A great find worth all the good reports and excellent value for money. Thanks for a brilliant evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“A Worthy New Find In Northampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Visited here for the first time last night, it had been recommended by a friend & after checking the TA reviews decided to give it a try. I booked online the evening before & got a prompt and courteous reply accepting the reservation.

When we arrived before I had a chance to say a thing they knew who we were & showed us to our seats. It was fairly busy for a Friday evening & we were served our drinks quickly, I wasn't drinking so opted to order soft drinks throughout, my friend had taken her own bottle of wine. The menu is extensive enough but not huge compared to other Indian restaurants, they have all the usual suspects but also 2 pages of LaZeez Specials, several looked delicious based on the description, however we both decided to play safe & opted for a special Biriyani each along with Sag Aloo & a Keema Nan. We started with Poppadoms and dips and the 4 dips were delicious, a good choice to suit everyone. We were offered the option of swapping one of the veg curries for the sag aloo which I thought was a great gesture but we opted to stick to it as an extra.

Food arrived quickly and was nice and warm, The veg curry accompaniment was pretty spicy and really good, I did feel the meat content of the Biriyani was a little light, very small pieces of Chicken & lamb tikka & only one king prawn which was a little disappointing, albeit it was delicious. Probably too much rice & not enough meat. The Sag Aloo was plentiful & tasty and the Keema nan was one of the best I've ever had.

The staff are really what make this place, they're all very friendly and genuinely want to chat & engage with you which is often lacking in Indian establishments, we really enjoyed our chat about the history of the premises and the restaurant.

Our total bill including soft drinks was £25, so with a tip only £30 for 2 people, great value. My slight concern is the area the restaurant is in and the worry of parking in this area, however the waiter advised we could park in their car park in future & happily block all the staff cars in :) It's nice touches like this that will bring me back along with the great food. I intend to be a little adventurous next time and try one of their specialties.

• 4 of 5 stars Food