“Great staff, great food , tatty rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Northampton

You added Holiday Inn Northampton to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Northampton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bedford Road, Northampton NN4 7YF, England (Formerly Courtyard)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
North Wales
“Great staff, great food , tatty rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business.
Great location, very friendly reception staff.
The rooms however are very tired, not up to the usual Holiday Inn standards where I stay.
The one redeeming feature was the Indian menu. Fabulous, tasty, well cooked, I can't recommend it enough.
Overall mediocre rooms, great staff, lovely food.

• Stayed March 2013
ZaidiS12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Sion C

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Northampton on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to read that the bedroom did not meet your expectations, however was delighted to see your great comments regarding team, food and location.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Northampton.

Syed Zaidi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I stepped into the the reception to the moment I left was a pleasant experience. The reception staff were polite and friendly, as we're the restaurant staff. There was a slight misunderstanding with my reservation, but that was dealt with efficiently. My hotel room was spacious, warm and clean. The same can be said for the bathroom. The shower was one of the best I've used in a hotel in a while. Nice and warm and powerful. (Had I not of needed to check out, I'd probably still be in it now!!!) and the heated floor in the bathroom was a nice touch too. My only complaint was that my pillow kept disappearing down a gap between the bed and the wall, which was annoying. Other than that, a really enjoyable stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MrJROConnell

I am grateful for your sincere words with regards to the team and hotel facilities.

We look forward to see you back soon.

Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I was shattered when I arrived after a 5 hour drive and the manager got me a. Lovely glass of red wine. I then found I had forgotten my toothbrush, one appeared without a problem. I couldn't get the wifi working on my computer, again, not a problem. Lovely dinner in the bar at night too. I would go back to this hotel when on a business trip. My bed was lovely and clean if the pillows were a bit firm for me. The room was a bit warm too even after I turned off the heating. The reception staff were very good.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear MrsD16,

First of all, we like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
dewbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

having just visted this hotel with national holidays i must say the hotel is freezing the dining room is freezing and so was the food . people were asking for extra duvets . the hotel is isolated and poor .

Room Tip: dont go rooms are noisy we were on the motorway side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DewburyJack07

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor experience you encountered, your comments regarding heating and food have been investigated and can assure you that necessary actions have been taken from stop it from happening again.

Once again please accept my sincere apology and I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Many Thanks

Horsham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Staff were helpful and friendly and the evening meal was good. The room was clean and warm but the bed had seen better days and made you roll into the middle, it was very noisy with doors banging all night and loud talking . The breakfast had lots to choose from but the hot food was only warm and served on cold plates.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 3 on the ground floor it right next to the exit door which was slammed very l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sharon D

Thank you very much for posting your review on tripadvisor, I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay with us.

Had you informed reception team about bed and noise problem they would have offered you an alternative room.

I am delighted that you found our team helpful and friendly and enjoyed evening meal in our restaurant.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us at Holiday Inn Northampton again in the future.

Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Not the best Holiday Inn I have stayed in. Good value for money but bathrooms are desperate for a refurbishment. Our tap was very hard to operate and the noise when the shower was on was not good. The rooms were nice and spacious with 2 comfortable double beds, safe and tea and coffee making facilities. The food and the staff more than made up for the average rooms though. Both on reception and in the restaurant everyone was very friendly and there were a least 3 different menus with a huge choice of food including a excellent value 2 courses for £9.95. Breakfast was excellent, again lots of choice with warm plates and hot food! Good value for money and although the rooms do need a refurbishment I would stay again if the price was right!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ZaidiS12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Oriana180709

Thank you for posting a fantastic review!!! I am delighted to hear that you had a fabulous stay.
We look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.Many Thanks
Best regards
Hotel Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Average for a holiday inn, probably on a level with holiday inn express.

Has a very small gym but handy when you have been stuck in office all day.

The breakfast room is very small and struggles to accommodate the number of guests. I have stayed here 3 times over the last 3 weeks and the bar service and restaurant service is extremely slow which lets it down.

Room Tip: Room not backing on to A45.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear A S

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments as it allows us to take note of areas within the hotel that are excelling or indeed could use some attention. I have passed your comments to Restaurant and Bar Manager, who has implemented some corrective measures in order to rectify the service issues you encountered . Once again thank you for your comments, we truly hope to be part of your future travel plans.

Syed Zaidi

Been to Holiday Inn Northampton? Share your experiences!