“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Northampton Central

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Northampton
Travelodge Northampton Central
You added Travelodge Northampton Central to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Gold Street, Northampton NN1 1RA, England   |
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was huge and very clean, the staff were lovely and welcoming, and even wrote a happy birthday note for my partner! We had a wonderful stay, and it was very comfortable. Everything was so close by, including all the shops, and the Royal & Derngate which was the original reason we made the booking. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

One night business trip, handy for the station. Gold St where it's located is a bit run down and you could miss it.
Room was 202, a single with a large en suite which was up 5 stairs which was odd. Basics missing, telephone, if on to ring to order the "Breakfast Box", a tray for the tea, coffee and a bedside table, which was where the chair came in handy.TV choice poor, 17 channels advertised but main terrestrial ones duplicated, one with subtitles one without so that's 10 gone already.
Need the choice of basic freeview surely? Average

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
London,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Travelodge is right in the centre of Northampton and was good value for money. The hotel had clearly been fairly recently redecorated and my room was large, clean and comfortable.
The hotel staff were excellent - they always respected my use of the Please do not Disturb sign and would instead leave a note to let me know to contact them if I needed anything. One night I did request an extra tea bag and some milk from the receptionist and was swiftly provided with several teabags and milk cartons in a small bag. The night staff were always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently visited for an overnight stay. This Travelodge is housed in the former Grand Hotel in the centre of Northampton. The member of staff who checked me in was friendly and the interior of the hotel, including the rooms that I stayed in, were clean. When arrived in my room the lights took a few minutes to come on. Furthermore, the television failed to work. When I reported this matter to the member of staff on reception, I was moved to another room as she did not know how to make the television work. The room that I was moved to was more spacious. The windows were double glazed and the television and lighting were in working order. However, the television had not been tuned so I was unable to obtain LBC Radio or BBC Radio 4 and The World Service. It seemed as if my bed had been hurriedly made and it was not as comfortable as compared with other Travelodge hotels causing an upper back ache. There was a wall mounted air conditioner in my room and despite pressing the off switch on the control panel it kept switching on again. I finally resorted to climbing on a chair and turning off the device at the mains otherwise my sleep pattern would be disturbed. The hotel is close to the bus and coach station and a short walk to the train station. The hotel is also lift accessible. On arrival I noticed a member staff still cleaning rooms at 4pm. this tells me that there seemed t be a lack of staff available at the hotel. The hotel is also lift accessible. There are no instructions for use on the door swipe cards which are plain white.If I stay in Northampton again I will choose a hotel from the companies predators before deciding to stay here again.

Room Tip: The first thirty minute of Wi-Fi use in a guest's room is free for thirty minutes after signing...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great stay helpful friendly staff great value for money! Highly recommended! Room was a great size and very comfortable to stay in! Security staff were also very helpful and friendly! Very close to everything

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ideal for a City Centre visit! Minutes from train station so no taxi required, located just on city centre edges so again no taxi needed and access to many many shops, I was able to get Coffee and all the things I had forgotten to bring!!

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Bed very comfortable, clean and quiet.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

Very reasonable price. Stayed for one Sunday night . Very clean in rooms and hallway. On the ground floor there was a slight musty smell near lifts but not on our floor. Bed linen good standard and clean rooms large bathroom spotless. My only complaints the heating system was a bit noisy and the pillows too hard for me personally .. I would recommend .. There's a restaurant close by for breakfast . Parking is in local car parks not too far just need to make sure that you can pay car parking when u need to .. It's free all day Sunday but 3hrs 8am to 6

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Northampton Central? Share your experiences!