“Nice family run hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Langham Hotel to your Saves list
The Langham Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 - 5 Langham Place, Barrack Road, Northampton NN2 6AA, England   |
Ranked #19 of 27 hotels in Northampton
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Nice family run hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Clean and tidy, breakfast is plenty and fresh, good hosts, near the local town, has good parking facilities. Would return if or when I'm back in Northampton. So overall a well run and happy family hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Absolutely disgusted with lack of communication from all staff at this hotel. Money taken from our account after we left the hotel. After finally being able to track down the manager was advised it was due to a damaged wardrobe. Asked which room as we booked 4 the room number they gave was NOT one we accommodated. They said room 15 we where in room 16 which my 60 year old mother-in-law accomodated. We sent proof of our receipt confirming the rooms we where in and they have not had the decency to acknowledge our emails or return my calls. When I ring told not available. I wonder how many other people they have conned. Stayed at this hotel for a family wedding, would not recommend at all.
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING AND APPALING CUSTOMER SERVICE

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else your you could also be conned out of money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Langham is a family run hotel/guest house which is larger than it initially appears. We stayed here in early August as we were attending a wedding in town. We were greeted by the lovely and Mary who booked us in. I asked if some friends could join us in our room to get changed. This was no problem. I explained we were a little short of time and asked for directions to the wedding venue which Mary gave us, telling us we would easily make it in time as "it only takes me 10 minutes...and I'm 75!!!"
The room was quite small and the decor a little tired but it was clean and we knew we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in there so this wasn't a problem.
The outside temperature was 30 degrees so without air con the room was obviously quite hot. This is not a complaint and I would have been surprised if it had been cool!
In the morning we headed down for breakfast and I wondered if the previous reviewers' comments about the large portions had been exaggerated... they had not! I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!!
The Langham hotel suited our needs perfectly and, at around HALF the price of some of the larger 'budget' hotels in the town centre, was excellent value - under £45 for two of us including a very hearty breakfast.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service in the bar, was only there for a couple of hours buying drinks and was given free bags of crisps and nuts. Lovely welcome and perfect room to stay over night in. Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2013
Crieff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My brother and I stayed here while down from Scotland to visit our Uncle.Great value for money. Rooms comfortable and clean. Breakfast - food lovely and well presented, waiting staff were attentive and well turned out. All staff very friendly. Bit difficult getting into car park. Our family will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'm excluding anything about inside the hotel as there are many other reviews for people to read based on factors such as stay, rooms and experience.

MY review is based purely on one thing, THE DRIVEWAY.

In attempting to stay at the hotel, (no reservation,on a whim, late at night- ) I was forced to use the driveway to the hotel car park, as street parking is limited and also, a little unsafe. The driveway was only partially lit when I and my friends arrived, and we drove around the side of the building with caution and at the appropriate speed. But never the less, the ground is in such a poor condition that in that one short trip, my shock absorber was damaged, and it's cover actually removed. (I also discovered a slow puncture shortly after this attempted stay, but obviously I cant be sure it happened here- but it does seem the most likely place I'd have got one!)
The drive is so bad that my travel mates and I actually made the conscious decision to reverse out of the pot hole nightmare and try somewhere else to stop for the night, rather than try to get any further into the rally ready, flat tyre inducing track!

So all in all...
To visitors: AVOID TRAVELLING BY CAR
To The Langham: Please fill in/ sort out the driveway OR make visitors aware of the herrendous condition it is in!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wicklow, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you're looking for a standard hotel experience, this one is probably not for you.

Yes, the car parking is chaotic, the streetside rooms too noisy, the staff occasionally abrupt, the breakfasts TOO big, the reception always closed, the decor a bit grubby and the overall experience a bit haphazard. But despite all that, there is a charm to the place. I'd be happy to stay again.

We had three rooms booked. The room overlooking the road was too noisy, but the other two, at the back of the hotel, were fine. The twin brothers confused us for a while, thinking they were the same person. Mary was charming and extremely helpful. Having our evening meal as a take-away in the bar was a unique experience.

Comparisons wit Fawlty Towers are immediately obvious. Perhaps that is part of the charm also.

We spent a subsequent night in a swish new hotel near Stansted for a similar price. I'd take the Langham any time.

Not for the fussy-minded. An experience worth having.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear much quieter
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Langham Hotel? Share your experiences!