“Easy reach of motorway ( m1)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16

You added Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Flore, Northamptonshire, Northampton NN7 4LP, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Kelso, United Kingdom
“Easy reach of motorway ( m1)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights but not impressed room had a smell of damp upon arrival but hardly surprising when you see the poor state of the bath panel the mdf is rotten very poor state and theres a loose tile behind the toilet just sittin in place the heating didnt work in room radiator in bathroom and bedroom but neither work i asked at reception to get it checked but still not working and no offer of a heater the room is cold in mornings and with the thinnest of duvets on the bed u have mo chance of gettin warm the fan in the bedroom doesnt work either rooms need gutted and brought upto a reasonable standard food is ok and bar and wsiting staff are friendly not sure if would return or reccomend a stay here good job company pay for hotels or would be looking for reductions / appoligies etc maybe not the worst hotel ive stayed in but not in top 40 either

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Joanna T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for leaving comments on your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the problems you encountered during your time with us. I have reported your issues with the bathroom to our Maintenance Manager who will be looking into them to ensure improvement for the future.

Jo Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Matlock, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

You can forgive a hotel a lot of things. It's almost comical that other people have referred to this hotel as "like Crossroads", me and a few of my colleagues do call it either that or "The Truckstop". It's fair to say that this place is long over due a freshen up. It is very dated and not a good reflection of the normal higher standard of Holiday Inn brand.

Regretfully the day to day running of the hotel is not great with little attention to detail, generally poor service that falls well below what it should be given the prices that are charged.

A couple of members of staff are very good, but they are in the minority. Ultimately the hotel is poorly managed the little faults in isolation should be an easy fix. I thought that maybe it was just an off day when I have visited but when the same issues are there on more than one occasion you have to think its poor management at fault

Faults like:
No cereal bowls at breakfast - three times
Used drinking glasses left in the room after its been serviced - twice
Blown bulbs requested to be replaced on two occasions - not done
Dining room looking like breakfast has just ended at 6.45pm - twice
Credit card machine not working on check out...."can you give me your card details and we'll bill you later and post out the invoice?" - had to request the invoice a week later
On check in the offer of a free drink or a voucher to Priority Club members. If you ask for the points they often don't actually have the vouchers but say they'll credit your account, which in fairness they did do both times.

Finally, would I stay here again? Yes, but only if it's the last place available and for the fact that the pub up the road (The White Hart) is superb for dinner and a good pint...

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments regarding your time with us.
I sincerely apologise for the numerous problems you encountered during your multiple stays with us. I understand and share your frustrations that the little things were done wrong. I assure you that I will fully investigate the matters to ensure they do not happen again. I do hope you will return to us in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed for a night, as I was running at the Adidas half marathon the next day. Check in was quick and easy - the young man on the desk was particularly helpful and had lovely customer service skills. Slept really well, staff were great, and the food was fab too - try the hot and kickin' chicken salad!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanna T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad your preparation for the half marathon started well with a good nights sleep with us. I am also delighted to see you found our receptionist very friendly and helpful – I shall be sure to pass on your comments. We hope to see you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have just had an overnight stay at this hotel as we attended a wedding close by. Check in was quick and easy and the staff were very helpful. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and the shower was lovely! Breakfast was superb and there was everything you could wish for. We will definitely book again if we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanna T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Jane,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very pleased to read all the positives in your review and will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff.
I am delighted that you had a great experience and look forward to having you back soon!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel certainly does need a top to tail revamp and the prices are too high! This is not holiday inn standard. Parking good and rooms ok although small. Corridors freezing. Food was reasonable good and great service. Staff I saw were excellent especially the young lady waiting on the food and the reception.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Joanna T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry that on this occasion you feel that we did not match up to the usual Holiday Inn standards. However I am pleased to see you found our staff excellent. They will be delighted with your comments.

Redditch, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Such a shame my third stay, was tarred by a bad member of staff.
Previous week the man on reception was Awesome, but this time I was checked in by a young lady who basically accused me of booking a standard twin room, and told me to "prove it" that I Had booked a Double bed.
So having to unpack my case in reception to get my ipad to Prove it...!
How embarrassing.
I proved them Wrong, to be told there were no double rooms on the ground floor, to which I had requested through the booking agent, and had confirmed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Joanna T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I can only apologise for your experience being marred by the service from one of my team. I would be very interested in discussing this further with you so that I can ensure this will never happen again. Please feel free to contact me on 01327 349022 or by email gm.hinorthamptonwest@kewgreen.co.uk.

I am very sorry once again for your experience, as you said the previous times you had been met by a warm welcome and I assure you it is my aim that this is the welcome you should receive everytime.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Joanna Taylor
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Our club held its annual dinner at this hotel on the 21st January. Excellent advance plannning with Claire and the team at the Holiday Inn, resulted in a great experience.

The meals were delivered on time, the service was first class, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. As a club we had a great start to the year thanks to the Holiday Inn team.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Joanna T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your club’s annual dinner. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we contributed to you all having a fantastic start to the year.

I will pass on your comments to Claire and the rest of the team who will be very happy to hear how much of a success the evening was.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the near future.

Jo Taylor

Been to Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct16? Share your experiences!