“A good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
United Kingdom
“A good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here with our two children for one night. Cameron checked us in, he was efficient and very helpful. He was kind enough to upgrade our room as our childcare had let us down and we ended up with a 2 x double bed room (room 127), nice, clean and spacious.
The room was quiet with a nice decor, comfy beds, a leather couch and flat screen T.V. with most freeview channels. The Living Well gym was had plenty of cardio machines and free weights. The swimming pool and spa pool were fine. Breakfast was especially nice, much nicer that other Hilton's we have stayed at, a larger selection of foods. Staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. We did not eat at the restaurant but there is a Harvester restaurant nearby (3 minutes drive) and it is a few minutes drive into the town centre. Based on our stay I would recommend staying here and will probably use this as a base when visiting Northampton on business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your families recent stay here at the Hilton Hotel Northampton.

Feedback such as yours helps us to monitor and improve the services we offer within the hotel, thus helping us to maintain the high level of customer service we aim to achieve.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel especially our staff. I have passed on your kind words regarding Cameron the Front of House Manager so that your comments can be shared with him.

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you all back in the near future.

Hilton Northampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Shocked that a hotel can still think they can charge for wi-fi. This has made me determined never to stay in a Hilton hotel again - period. Also, the food is dreadful value, £18 for a plain chicken breast & rice in a spartan bar, that took 40 mins. to arrive and there were only 5 customers?!! £4 odd for an Americano coffee? - Unreal, so angry that they are allowed get away with this. Soul less hotel, even the health club, which is the best you can say about the place, needs a desperate makeover. Don't stay here if you can help it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Northampton . I am most disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfying, for this, please accept my sincere apologies.

We do not wish any of our guests to leave less than satisfied so have taken on board your comments regarding our food, beverage and in room Wi-Fi charges and and shall be discussed by the Management Team when the next pricing reviews are due. I can confirm however that Complimentary Wi-Fi is available to all guests in our Public Areas including Reception and Court Lounge Bar.

We currently have a maintenance programme in place to update the hotel.. We have just finished improving our lobby and Court Bar by redecorating and replacing the carpets and furniture and should hopefully be starting the guest room improvements in late 2014.

Once again, please accept my apologies and thank you for your feedback.

delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Listening to customers by the the staff at Reception is Poor. Quality and Quantity of Food is below expectation and is not value for money Hotel Charges for a WATER bottle KEPT IN THE ROOM Guest relation officer don't bother to Listen and resolve customer complaints. Bedsheet in the room are Torn

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Northampton. I am most disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfying, for this, please accept my sincere apologies.

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective. We do not wish any of our guests to leave less than satisfied so have taken on board your comments and raised your concerns with the Heads of the relevant departments to address.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual high level of service and standards in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

£8 for a tiny piece of cheesecake in the restaurant
£11.50 for a glass of white wine

I don't. Even see these prices in London!!'

Rooms are noisy, bathrooms are very dated and poor quality, reception service is poor, restaurant is way way overpriced if you don't have the buffet(not great) but has a warm welcome from the staff.

Overall 160 - 120 a night I say steer clear, even if you get an offer! As if you eat or drink you'll still feel ripped off do yourself a favour & find another hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Hotel Northampton.

I would like to thank you for your comments, as feedback such as yours helps us to continually improve the products and service that we offer.

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective. We do not wish any of our guests to leave less than satisfied so have taken on board your comments regarding our prices and shall be discussed with the Management Team.

We currently have a maintenance programme in place to update the hotel including the guest bathrooms and there facilities. This year we have started to improve our communal areas and have already redecorated and replaced the furniture and carpet in the lobby. We are hopefully going to be starting the guest room improvements in 2014.

Thank you once again for your feedback and for your kind words regarding our staff. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual high level of service and standards in the future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I often travel to Northampton on business and have always (until now) stayed at the Hilton, mainly due to its handy location. Whilst this hotel is"average" (given the price) I have in this year been really disappointed, for the same reason, TWICE!
I always reserve a room and on two occassions, I have turned up at the hotel at 10pm ( I travel late to avoid M25/M1 traffic) only to be told that there were no rooms for me. The hotel did book another room at another hotel on the first instance and in both cases the other hotels tell me this is a regular occurence.
Top tip - reserve your room elsewhere.
Obviously the Hilton "brand" does not really care about giving any customer service - once is forgiveable, twice forget it. I will be staying elsewhere in future.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review following your recent out booking. I am most disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfying, for this, please accept my sincere apologies.

I do understand the inconvenience that was caused to you bearing in mind that you found yourself in this position through no fault of your own.

Due to late cancellations and non arrivals it is our hotel policy to over commit a number of rooms. It is never our intention to redirect a guest to another hotel but unfortunately this happens on the odd occasion.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual high level of service and standards in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night on Business.

The hotel needs updating as the bathroom in my room was fairly tired and on par with a travelodge rather than a Hilton hotel.

The room was big, clean and comfortable which is as expected.

Phone signal here is really bad so could not use my own phone to tether to my laptop. As with many UK hotels wifi cost is extortionate at £15 per day which in 2013 makes no sense when you look at how cheap web services are.

Food was surprisingly really good. I had the British buffet and really thought for a buffet the quality was great.

My main gripe was checking out. This was the worst experience i have ever had checking out of a hotel and looking at other reviews a common issue here. It took 45 Mins to check out when considering i was 3rd in the que is crazy. As i needed a VAT receipt i had no alternative but to wait and the delay made me late for a meeting which is not acceptable. The worst part of it was the VAT receipt would not print anyway so the Hotel promised to email it to me which they still have not done.

Considering my bill was near to £200 for the night, i would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

The Front of House Manager would like to convey her apologies for the extremely slow service that you encountered when trying to check out. She has taken on board your comments and will ensure that the staffing levels are reviewed more frequently so that we can give every guest the prompt service which they are right to expect.

Thank you once again for your comments, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed here for a family wedding, and the whole wedding package was good! The food and service were very good, and the table wine nice. The rooms were lovely, comfy beds and rooms quite large. Bathroom ok, but shower messy with a flimsy curtain. The drinks were very expensive! Locate is just off the M1, but it's a bit of a run down Hilton. I didn't have breakfast, but others said it was ok, but not great for how much it cost them. All in all, ok to stay in, but a bit budget-esque. However, we were there for a wedding and that was brilliant, so we had a great weekend. Parking was free as it was the weekend, so saved the £5 I thought it was going to be!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after attending a family wedding here at the Hilton Hotel Northampton.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed both the wedding and your overnight stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hilton Northampton

Been to Hilton Northampton? Share your experiences!