“Great for a Town Centre Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

You added Park Inn by Radisson Northampton to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Silver Street, Northampton NN1 2TA, England (Formerly Northampton Moat House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
newcastle on Tyne
“Great for a Town Centre Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weekend nights to attend a conference, Parking was troublefree, reception dealt with check-in efficiently and my room was fine. I had booked a double for single occupation and had a large queen sized bed which was very comfortable, with good crisp linen and was very quiet on the 4th floor. The decor throughout is best described as modern. In the bedroom, one wall deep red, the rest white with bright blue (light restricting curtains).The showerroom was small but ultra modern and superbly maintained and the large walk-in shower had very easy adjusted controls and the overhead watering can shower head was a real treat ... One thing to remember is that you need a good shower cap if you want to keep hair dry. The shower room decor, was again, ultra modern - large white tiles with the odd one scarlet breaking up the blandness.Cosmetic supplies were limited . two very small bars of soap and a dual purpose shampoo/shower gel, replaced each day.
Breakfast was buffet style and excellent. Lots of choice with cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurts, full grilled breakfast with choices topped up regularly, so no stale, dry food.
The gym and pool area looked clean and fine, if a little small, but I did not use the facilities, so can't comment further. The spa was out of use until further notice!!
The decor overall is best described as modern. Conclusion: the hotel is modern good quality at a very reasonable rate, though a bit start for a weekend romantic break.
The staff throughout were cheerful and very helpfull.

Room Tip: I had room 412 which was fine, next to the lift, but noise free.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear DBSA42,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your wonderful review following your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton.

It is encouraging for the team to receive such compliments from all aspects of your stay, I have of course shared your positive review with those involved we all look forward to welcoming you back soon and also I must thank you for comments on the Room Tip as it does recognise that we have carried out necessary works based on previous comments about the lift noise to reduce it to bare minimum.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Staff are always friendly and helpful, and the hotel is clean as are the rooms. The restaurant is clean and the food all day is of good quality. Great Hotel situated in the town centre so plenty to do around the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Garry,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Park Inn by Radisson Northampton following your recent stay with us.

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff. Your kind words have been passed onto the Managers so that they can be shared with their teams.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope we can welcome you back to in the near future.

Kind regards
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Efficient friendly check in. Clean room with immaculate shower room tiling and fluffy towels. Very nice meal in RBG as part of deal. Car parking £5 per night extra but worth it as hotel has very central location. Excellent help yourself breakfast - we could see the temp of the food being regularly tested. Lindsey and Reka pleasant servers / seaters in the breakfast room. Nothing too much trouble. Small but adequate gym, nice lounge area with free wifi. All in all a great stay, well done. Just need the points to be added onto the Club Carlson account!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful review “Great weekend break”.

I have passed on your praise to all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back for many future stays, the loyalty points will be added to your account shortly.

Thanks once again for your feedback!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The only two good things I can say about the hotel is that it is handy for the city centre and the breakfasts were ok.

My room wasn't that nice, very basic, I've stayed in lots of Radisson hotels and this was considerably below par compared to the others.

On my first night I had problems trying to get room service and due to the slow service of the staff, by the time it was sorted the chef had gone home. The duty manager wasn't helpful in the slighest, I felt more like she was just paying me lip service than actually listening to me, and couldn't have been more obvious that she didn't care.

The pool and spa area is usually something I really enjoy when staying away, on this occasion it was one of the poorer aspects of my trip. The chaging rooms were horrible, gloomy and dingy. To get to the pool from the changing rooms you had to walk along a really long corridor, up a flight of stairs and along another corridor (all of which seemed like it hadn't been cleaned for a very long time and was freezing cold). The jacuzzi was out of order and the pool was quite cold. I only managed to stay in for about 5 minutes.

I was there for two days and no one came to change the towels, make the beds etc.

I would aslo advise people to be careful when driving on the entrance/exit road of the hotel as there were quite a few potholes, particularly around the back.

As I have said before, I have stayed in other Radissons (Including park inns) in the past but this was definitely the worst. Thankfully I was down for a friends wedding and the groom had managed to get us a discounted price for our room. I think if I had paid full price I would be quite angry.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hitlon instead, some of the wedding party stayed there and it was much nicer.
Dear Lyndsey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Northampton.

I appreciate and thank you for the positive feedback on our breakfast and location, however I am deeply sorry to hear that Room Service did not meet your expectation even though the team members offered various alternatives and also a 24 hour menu past 11pm.
Once again I can only apologies for the lay out, plan of the leisure club and the cleanliness not being up to standards, may I assure you that we have a cleaning check list in place which is carried out on a daily basis and your feedback can be used to improve the standards in the area.
Feedback such as yours helps us to monitor and improve the services we offer within the hotel,

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual high level of service and standards in the future.

Towcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a fab time, Natalie the salon owner couldnt have been more helpful or accommodating, and the staff (I had Monika) are so friendly and make you feel relaxed and welcome from the moment you arrive. The range of treatments is quite large, and i felt that every treatment was carried out thoroughly, my nails were painted to perfection and the full body massage was marvellous. My friend even managed to get squeazed in for a trim with the hairdresser whilst we were there! The staff organised robes for us, ordered our lunch and took us down to the spa area when we were ready, bit dissapointed that the jacuzzi was out of order but we had the pool to ourselves which was great :-) again the staff in this area were so friendly and helpful. The salon is quite small, but this made for an intimate atmosphere and whilst waiting for my friend i was put in the massage chair which was an added bonus ! we arrived at 9:30am and didnt leave until 3pm feeling fully relaxed, we will be back (i have already booked in with the hairdresser) and would reccommend to all. Thank you ladies for a lovely day :-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Lynn,

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor review following your visit to Beauty Withinn at the Park Inn by Radisson in February.

We are delighted that you and your friend had a thoroughly relaxing and pleasant experience at the Salon and that you were able to make such good use of all the facilities.

We apologise that you were unable to use the Jacuzzi due to maintenance but hope to have it in working condition on your next visit!

Kind regards,
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel has a great location, right in the town center and was excellent value for money. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were extremely accommodating, even though we were down to breakfast early. Checking in and checking out was efficient without the annoying waiting around when you want to set off home.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear David,

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I would love to find a fault with this hotel - it annoys me so much. I'm British and love to criticise when I can! Unfortunately, I can't find any aspect of our hotel stay which disappointed me:

1. The staff were courteous, efficient, friendly and made a real effort to take an interest in our individual needs.
2. The food for breakfast was perfectly acceptable for this class of hotel, while the food for dinner was truly delicious, well presented, innovative - but, (ah good, I've found something to fault!), overpriced.
3. The room was clean and comfortable - the shower exceptional.
4. The leisure centre was without fault - almost: The changing rooms were a relatively long way from the pool area which seemed strange.

What more can I say. Perfect for us, as friends, having a weekend break in the heart of Northampton town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Adrian,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your wonderful review following your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, I have got to say the way you have described and detailed your experience is unique and a pleasure to read.
It is encouraging for the team to receive such compliments from all aspects of your stay, I have of course shared your positive review with those involved- we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Operations Manager

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Northampton? Share your experiences!