“Great service, great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Northampton
“Great service, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

From the minute we walked in we were greeted warmly by the head waiter, led to our table and seated.

Within a minute we were asked for our drinks order by another waitress. We were given a sufficient amount of time to choose what we wanted from the menu, and yet another waitress took our food order. Another refilled topped up our glasses during our meal. This place runs like clockwork. There are lots of staff all assigned their specific role, which they all carry out efficiently, courteously and with grace. It truly felt like we were welcome.

The other thing that I thought was nice is that they located all the "couple" tables for two together and the "group" tables were down by the window. This means that were the restaurant to become busy, those wanting to have a quiet intimate dinner would not be drowned out by larger groups of people. (This has happened to me in the past in other places). I am not sure if this is how they always arrange their tables though.

The surroundings are lovely. Lots of carvings of elephants and the intricate carvings on the tables are fascinating. I remember eating in this restaurant before it became the Thai Emerald and have always loved the high ceilings - I heard it used to be a church. So I expected it to be cold yet I was pleasantly surprised to find how warm and cosy it was inside, despite being a wet cold evening. All in with the stylish interior, lighting, warmth and the staff in traditional dress, makes this a lovely dining experience.

The menu had so much choice. Now I am Princess Picky when it comes to eating out because I am a vegan. But, as is usually the case with Thai, I found there to be enough choice for me and I shall definitely be going back to try the other dishes on offer. Tonight I opted for a soup (Tom Kha Hed), a tofu stir fry (Too Hoo Phad Gaprao) and they very thoughtfully prepared a Phad Thai noodle dish for me leaving out the egg and fish sauce. The food arrived in good time, and was absolutely delicious and well presented.

I disagree with another reviewer that it was "a bit expensive". For the service you get, the atmosphere, the quality of the food, it is worth every penny. We paid just over £50 for a meal for two including starters, main course and beers.

All in all a great evening, in a local restaurant; we were able to park right outside the door as well!

Thoroughly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Northampton
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This is one off favourite Northampton restaurants.

The food is excellent with the menu providing a full range of authentic Thai dishes.

As usual the service was friendly and attentive but not over bearing. The waiter gave us enough time between courses but was also attentive when we needed further drinks.

Good atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing - as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This restaurant never fails to impress. Food is authentic and delicious, service is attentive, and the ambience is delightful.
No matter how busy or how quiet it is, everything remains consistent and I would also recommend as a takeaway option.

Visited December 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Losing the magic?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Went there recently for their normally excellent Sunday buffet lunch. The selection of dishes seemed to have got less and the food was not very hot. This was made worse by stone cold plates which is a shame. It will be a pity if this restaurant goes downhill for lack of effort and attention to detail. Not sure if the evening meals are suffering too.

Visited December 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Delicious food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was there with my group of 18 person, the owner welcomes us personally... the starter, the main course and the desert are very good ... the decorations are perfect , where it all comes directly from Thailand ... the ambience also very warm and the owner are willing to stop by and have a little chat to discuss how they serve and how's the meal taste ... definitely will come back again here ...

• Visited December 2013