“Very poor quality” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #227 of 394 restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Chinese, English, Indian, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Fusion Buffet on Northampton���s Wellingborough Road is unlike any other restaurant in the area. Combining the relaxed ease of help-yourself dining with contemporary and sleek surroundings, Fusion Buffet is an affordable crowd pleaser, offering its guests the opportunity to enjoy the best cuisines of the world in one place. With vast, well stocked buffet tables, Fusion Buffet offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts from both Europe and Asia ��� everything from a hearty full English to delicious Indian curries with all the trimmings and favourite Chinese and Japanese dishes too. With numerous offers throughout the week, including excellent early bird prices, Fusion Buffet is easy on the pocket as well as generous to the stomach.
“Very poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice welcome and friendly staff, cant get enought drinks for you, clearing plates etc but very disappointed with the food.
Starters, pizza and some of the puddings are from ICELAND, we saw them open boxes and cook the starters/pizza in front of us.
Main dishes in the bain marie are lukewarm and grease/oil swimming on the top of the dish so not very appealing to the eye.
I had the chowmein which he had to cook for me, just wanted noodles,mushrooms and beansprouts and a small amount of sweet & sour sauce. All cooked with lots of oil and swimming in sweet & sour sauce.!!!!!!!!
Would not visting again :(

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Once again my partner and myself to a buffet restaurant on April 3rd,and we were not disapointed.We had booked a table and was about 20 mins. early,but that was no problem for the staff asthe place was empty,except for one sole couple.The staff were very friendly and accommodating,always on hand and attentive,which you don,t get in many English establishments these days.The food overall was varied,tastyand very hot.You had aselection of Indian,Chinese and if you wanted down to earth English fare,but who goes to an Asian restaurant to eat everyday food.
Onthe menu was a large choice of Indian dishesincluding the usual curry,korma etc.Me personally went for a selection of Indian and Chinese fare which was delight to eat and washed down with a pint of Cobra(heaven). We went on anight when they offer two for one and very good value it was,the bill at the end of the night was just over £21 pounds including drinks for the two of us.Will definitely visit again and we can highly recommend Fusion.By the time we left the place was absolutely heaving.EricG

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wasnt very impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Fusion looks absolutely beautiful from the outside, and as you walk in your greeted with a huge sparkling chandelier. It was a friends birthday and we were having a girly night out. When we walked into the restaurant it was absolutely dead. This big old room and only us as customers. So although it was a weird atmosphere we thought yay, more for us. So we got our plates and went to tuck in. I was utterly disappointed, the food was lukewarm, dry and bland. There wasn't a great selection unlike what it boasts to offer. And for £20 per person was a waste, I found myself not wanting more food and just filled up on chips because that was the only fresh thing there. We weren't there particularly late and yet the chefs were already packing stuff up whilst we were still dining. The staff stood around on their phone, not really interacting or welcoming to us. The highlight of the night was that my friend whos birthday got a free cocktail. This had been promised to me over the phone when I booked the table, and I had to ask and then remind him about the free cocktail which kind of took the sparkle out of even having it. I wont be visiting again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
birmingham
“Surprised it was this Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here with the family on the 23rd and the restaurant was absoulety packed, we did not book and so waited 20mins for a table to leave before they quickly re-set it for us.

The staff were great and very accomadating coming around asking if everything was ok with the food and if there was something they can get you.

Just as a test I said I would love chicken pizza rather than the pepperoni that was there, 10 mins later they gave us a chicken pizza on the table, I would not expect that service from a buffet restaurant.

Fantastic Experience at a great price I think we paid 10pounds each for the buffet , BARGAIN!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
northamptonshire
“BOGOF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Like the advert you ....buy one get one free.....on a Wednesday night at Fusion!! Great offer, great service and great selection of food.

We went as a party of four and had a really good night. They had a great selection of starters including crispy duck and pancakes, spare ribs, onion bhajee's, chicken wings etc. Plus a good selection of mainly Chinese and Indian main courses, there was also a choice of a roast dinner.

I'm not much of a pudding person, however, I was assured by the other three people in our party they were equally as nice. The chocolate fountain went down very well!!

The staff were really nice and made you feel welcome. Our waitress noticed we had chosen Indian main courses and made sure we had freshly cooked Naan bread waiting for us when we came back to our table. It was the personal touches like this that made it a nice night.

We paid just under £50.00 with drinks for the four of us. You have to take Fusion for what it is, ...a buffet offering a huge variety of food, which it does very well. It is not a gourmet banquet!!

• Visited February 2013