“life changing food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #133 of 421 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: You have already listed this restaurant, but you have it down as being in America - it is actually in Northampton in the UK, please amend.
London, United Kingdom
“life changing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I am originally from london and have travelled the world and this is by far the best restaurant that I have been to and have come back over and over again. The food is so fresh and the flavours are excellently balanced, very large selection of food and I have not once been dissappointed with any dish. I am not a lover of the "normal" chinese" food as it is too greasy for me but this is something else and if you're going here expecting typical chinese then you may be disappointed. I take every one who comes to visit me to this restaurant and they have all been as impressed as me.

The decor is a bit strange and at times the atmosphere lacking but this can easily be overlooked due to the amazing food and expert staff. I cannot for the life of me understand why it is sometimes empty.....if this restaurant was in london there would be queues around the corner!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“My favourite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is in my opinion the best restaurant in town, the food is always exquisite and we always try something new each time we go because we know it will be amazing!

The staff, especially Gemma are always patient when we can't decide what to have and are always on hand to help us decide.

This is luxury oriental cuisine at its best!
Also, make sure to try the soft shell crab, wasabi prawns, oh and the the sizzling steak and the pork belly.....want me to go on?

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Better than the usual.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have been there a couple of times. We hadn't booked and turned up when they opened but they managed to fit us in, I would suggest booking a table at the weekends as we had to be out by half seven so had around an hour to eat. We were going to order the set menu but were told we wouldn't have time. So we ordered a starter and a main each. Some of the memorable dishes for me there are the wasabi prawns although the menu says caviar and I only had the caviar the first time I went there but I don't bother complaining as to be fair the prawns were lovely. I also love the three chilli beef which is hot and explodes flavour on the tongue. We have had the set menu before and I now think you might be best to order a few dishes instead as the food is so different from a run of the mill Chinese. Every dish had a slightly different twist. There are even frogs legs on the menu although might order that next time. The restaurant is nice, service was polite and non intrusive which I personally like. You really go there for the food. I can't fault them but I have not given five stars as things like misleading ingredients etc and they had no pak choy In when I was there.

Northampton, United Kingdom
“simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

you wont beat it, so enjoy and take pleasure in the quality and taste of the food, no point in going anywhere else or you will be disapointed.

Visited May 2012
England
“Excellent veggie food /service average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I went to Felix Yu with my other half last night after a recommendation. We really enjoyed the food, especially the pancakes and starters. There were numerous veggie options which is a refreshing change. There is a set veggie meal but we thought it would be too much food for us so we ordered off the menu.
It was fairly busy for a Thurs night but there were only 2 waitresses so the service was not that great. No offers for more drinks etc.
However that would not put us off from going to Felix Yu again.

• Visited April 2012