“Good Food.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Rickinghall, United Kingdom
“Good Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent service, good freshly prepared food, the only downside was the price of my orange juice and lemonade which cost £4-50 I didn't know the price and had two at £9 that took the shine of the evening.

Visited August 2013

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great food, very strange service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked a party of 10 in to this restaurant back in May. The first issue I had was that I was asked to pay a deposit to book the table, £30.00 may not seem an issue to the owner but I am not made of money. He did let us book without it after we discussed it further but I did not like being asked to pay.

When we got there we had a table by the front door which was fine, the atmosphere was fine the only issue was the manager/owner. He was extremely pushy and rushed us from the moment we got there, he was refusing guests offers from the menu because we were a group of 10 (one guest wanted the steak deal, and he refused it) so he is not very flexible. He also barked orders at his staff in front of us which made us uncomfortable, they must resent him. The food was fantastic though so credit to the chef, and it's a crying shame they do not do pizza on a friday night.

Would not return due to the service but would for the food!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Dinner for one.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I visited on a Thursday evening as was the only customer. (joys of business travel) The owner was friendly and polite and was happy to make recommendations. This was helpful given my terminal indecisiveness. The restaurant was clean and warmly decorated. I had the cannelloni which was rich and delicious. If I ever end up in Northampton again I wouldn't hesitate to go back. There was a good drinks selection and the house white wine was reasonable and priced to match.

• Visited July 2013
“nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate here last sunday after the Grand Prix and enjoyed our dinner very much. Food was fresh and cooked to perfection. Even though restaurant was busy, we had great evening. xx thanks

• Visited July 2013
Glasgow
“Not great, even for Northampton.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited on the Sunday evening following the Grand Prix at Silverstone, as Northampton appears to be thin on dining out options on a Sunday evening. We were greatest by a flustered owner, asking whether we found ourselves in any particular hurry, as he had a large party booked in and he thought food may take a bit longer to come out of the kitchen due to this. We weren't and were given the last table. When the large corporate group arrived, the host informed us that we wouldn't be able to order pizza as the kitchen wouldn't be able to do this. My husband then tried to order the seafood risotto, just to be told that, since they were making "proper Italian risotto" (should an Italian restaurant be serving anything else??) it would take to much time to make and that he should maybe have the pasta instead. I doubt the corporate group was given similar restrictions.
When our food arrived (very quickly, clearly to get it out of the way) the antipasto starter was up to standard, although maybe a couple more tomatoes would have been nice. The main courses again arrived with rather undue hurry and were distinctly below par. The pasta, both in my Cannelloni as well as in my husbands seafood pasta was cooked to a glutinous mess. Otherwise, the taste was average, I'd even be tempted too say I could have fine better at home.
The only positive would be that given the haste the food was put out by the kitchen the meal was over quickly.
I left wondering whether we would have been treated better if we hadn't admitted that we were visitors and unlikely to return (although we had had a meal in this restaurant last year and were actually returning customers).
Also, I would have respected the owner more if he had just admitted that he wouldn't be able to serve both us and the larger group.
Overall very disappointing, will resign myself to having take away on the Sunday on the next Grand Prix weekend.

• Visited June 2013