“A CREDIT TO THE TRAVELODGE BRAND.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Northampton
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney
You added Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney to your Saves list
Talavera Way, Round Spinney, Northampton NN3 8RN, England (Formerly Innkeepers Lodge Northampton East)   |
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Winkleigh, United Kingdom
“A CREDIT TO THE TRAVELODGE BRAND.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last weekend was my first stay in this Travelodge and it was clean, tastefully decorated and a real credit to the Travelodge brand and today I booked two more nights later in the year.
OVERALL, AN EXCELLENT HOTEL!
On chatting to the nice chap on reception however, I learnt that it was a former Innkeepers Lodge, which made sense as the last Travelodge I stayed in of such high quality was Fleet, also a former Innkeepers Lodge. I was however disheartened to hear that Northampton Round Spinney was due to be hacked to pieces for what Travelodge call a ‘refurbishment’. To downgrade such a pleasant hotel in such a way is an utter outrage.
I look forward to staying there again and perhaps the Travelodge Directors should also visit and compare it to their new so-called ‘refurbished’ hotels and see how they are downgrading the brand.
My room was a double, very large, with a good size TV providing a good selection of channels. Situated right next to a Toby Carvery it also has free parking.
If I had to make a criticism at all, it would be that the low energy light bulbs made it quite difficult to apply my makeup for my night out, though this isn’t really the fault of the Travelodge who are just doing their bit for the planet!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend for 1 night. very nice place also staff was very helpfull and fredndly.Room was very clean so was plesure to stay.Also food was fantastic.We definitely will be back again. Thank you very much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed one night for a family party about 3 miles away. £20 per room. It was not worth anymore that than that as it is very basic. We took our own breakfast with us to eat in the room. Tea Coffee was provided.
Positives: staff were friendly and courteous. Room was clean. Shower and loo worked well. Our room overlooked fields so was quiet. Good size room. Toby Carvery opposite for a cheap evening meal. Cheap and Cheerful, you get what you pay for.
Negatives: staff smoke outside the main entrance so the smell of smoke was prevalent. The curtains in the room also smelt smokey and musty. Bathroom doors on a self closures woke us up early on sunday morning. Bed was full of springs, with only a thin mattress cover between the sheet and mattress. Mattress very soft, kept finding ourselves in the middle. Room too hot - we turned off radiator but large pipes running through the room made the room hot during the night (I feel the cold and it is December but too hot for me!). Bathroom radiator pipes were very rusty and grim. The whole place was dated and in need of a refurb.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the car park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights 30/11 and 1/12. When I tried to book family room on website it wouldn't let me when I arrived at the hotel asked the lady on reception if it was ok to change to family room. She explained they only do twin/double rooms, I was horrified as the reason we were there was to have
our 4 year old granddaughter stay with us as my son was moving house. She said there was a Z bed so my husband helped bring it down from upstairs, phew!! We took our cat with us and the bathroom was ideal as it was such a good size to keep him in, you do need very long legs to get in that bath though.
The room was very hot, even though I turned the radiator down, loved the furnishings and the linen was so lovely and clean as were the towels.
All in all a good stay even though the bed was quite Saggy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

what i liked was; clean sheets, and towels,room and bathroom was fair for a travelodge. Lovely friendly staff. But what let it down was how cold the room was, and had to use my coat as an extra cover plus i wore a jumper in bed and still frezzing so i only got 2 hours sleep. I think the heating only comes on at the end of sept, not much good if its cold the begining of sept.
members of my family also complained about how cold it was. I was in room 109 my family members were in the rooms 110,111,112, 114.
Also a pity that the pub near by the carvey? didn't serve breakfast so we spent an hour drving around trying to find a cafe. the other thing is it could do with a sign that road users could see while driving its very easy to miss the turning. other then that would say a good place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 109 it was very quite and no road noise. lovely
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
kings lynn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Considering the price of the rooms, I was expecting more than we got to be honest. The vending machine in the foyer was broken - an indication of what we were to experience. The shower didn't work properly, the toilet cistern squealed for ages after flushing, pillows were like pancakes, the Sky went down for an afternoon/evening and staff not particularly helpful or informative regarding any problems.

Generally a very tired and dilapidated looking hotel, not somewhere you would go to relax. We won't be re-booking for next years event at Billing Aquadrome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Rooms were bigger and better decorated than most travelodges. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney? Share your experiences!