We really enjoyed our stay at this Campanile. We had stayed in one in France in 2012 and were quite impressed. This one was even better! We had considered our old favourites, the Premier Inn, but were not too impressed with the ones in Northampton. The Northampton Campanile is on the outskirts of town and located within a smart, modern business park. A nice quiet location but with good transport links. The whole area was pleasant and if you needed a newspaper there was a Budgens supermarket 5 minutes away!
The hotel was clean, smart, modern and stylish. And there was a lift! The rooms were bright and comfortable and the bathrooms were more spacious than what we have experienced at a Premier Inn. We slept well!
The continental style breakfast offered a really good range of food and was more than adequate. It was really good value! The restaurant was spotlessly clean!
For some reason the restaurant was unable to serve the full menu in the evening of our stay so we went across the road to the Harvester pub (Mitchell & Butlers). We were greeted by the front-of-house manager who looked like a Cherokee Indian with low-slung trousers (I didn't think they came this far south!). He was very polite and courteous and gave us a nice table upstairs. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the boot of the car, so we had to give it back! The meal was the usual formula-cooked fare - pleasant enough but one can only take so much!
The staff at the Campanile were very courteous! Every single one we met offered a friendly greeting and a smile. We really enjoyed our stay and the Bed and Breakfast was excellent value!
On the basis of this visit, I prefer Campanile to Premier! It's a pity that there are not more of them located in the UK!!
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Northampton Hotel
- Campanile Northampton Hotel Northampton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BRAND NEW Campanile New Generation hotel located next to Junction 15 on the M1 and three miles away from Northampton Town Centre. It is ideal location for leisure or business. This contemporary hotel caters to all your needs and has a popular restaurant with very sumptuous and extravagant buffet. The restaurant offers popular and mouth-watering dishes such as Duck Confit and Ribeye Steak. The hotel also has FREE WIFI throughout the building for the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Campanile Northampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.