“Highly recommend, 5 stars!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 712 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Highly recommend, 5 stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband & I visited Khao San on NYE after booking late on the same day.
The restaurant was bustling with a good, lively atmosphere. The staff were extremely polite & could not do enough to accommodate any request. The food was absolutely delicious & reasonably priced. Service was quick but not rushed. Unfortunately we had to leave earlier than planned (child care issue) & the staff were only too happy to put our remaining meal in a takeaway carton & let us settle the bill quickly.
We will definitely be returning again hopefully in the near future. Excellent all round experience

York, United Kingdom
“Good but could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was good, but I found that my main course was too salty which ruined what would have been a great meal. It is also more expensive than other Asian restaurants in York, so the ruined main course has put me off spending this again. Shame, as I had high hopes.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The Best Thai I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We ate here early one Saturday evening but it was still rather busy, I would recommend that you book if wanting to eat here at peak times. I had the red thai curry, which was the best thai meal I've ever had, creamy with a slight kick at the end. My mum had grilled pork shoulder which came with a very hot dip! The food was absolutely brilliant though and I would definitely recommend to eat here at either lunch or an evening if visiting York.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
York, United Kingdom
“Cosy restaurant lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Cosy little Thai restaurant just away from the centre of town a few minutes walk , booking advisable, fairly extensive menu, coded to give you a clue as to how hot and spicey the dish is. There is a good selection of food for those that don't like the heat. Extensive wine list and good selection of beers, staff happy to explain menu to the uninitiated

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We came upon this little Asian Restaurant by chance after we could not get a table in a nearby restaurant, and what a joy it was. We noticed that it was used by local Asians so that was an added incentive. From the moment we entered we were treated like royalty nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The menu included a good choice of meat and fish dishes all with an indication of "hotness". I chose a Beef Red Thai Curry and my partner a King Prawn Green Thai Curry and we shared a Phad Thai. It was delicious, not dry but not too much sauce. All the food was cooked at the back of the Restaurant in full view of the customers.
Drinks were good value.
The facade of the Restaurant is a little "tired" but don't let this put you off it is a little gem and another bonus is that you can park nearby.

• 5 of 5 stars Food