“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Been here before with a friend and came back with my partner! Had high tea! Very filling, great value for money, quality and service fantastic!! Would recommend!!

england
“Lovely....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I wanted a nice afternoon tea without the inflated prices and this is exactly what I got. You get to the tea rooms through a small shop at the front and there was also an outside area. The food was delicious and plentiful and the service was attentive and friendly. I'd have no hesitation in going back when we're next in York.... infact we'll definately be going back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stopped for lunch, lovely welcome. I had the Yorkshire rarebit and it was fabulous. My wife had a huge mushroom dish and she was full & unable to eat it all.

BLACKPOOL
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, great food (my husband said it was the best mushroom omelette he'd ever tasted!). Very friendly staff. Well worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Shambles area of York is quaint, interesting and of course, touristy..but I had to do it and go to a tearoom. Too bad I wasted my time and money in The Earl Grey Tearooms. Rude from the moment I arrived, no smiles, staring at me sighing, eye rolling, I should have left immediately.
They say service is bad in London, but these people took the cake! Just because you have a prime location in The Shambles doesn't mean you can get lazy and sloppy...you never know who will walk in.
I mean, just how hard is it to crack a smile? You are in service, be nice to your customers or we shall go elsewhere, like me and hopefully the people who read this. Were you rude to me because of my Canadian accent? You are in a tourist area.
I care not to revist this forgettable establishment, they seem to only want to serve locals with money. Eye rolling? Really? It takes a lot to upset me but the man at the door and a nasty older woman waitress really hit it out of the park. Check your map and find another tearoom. Oh they were rude!
They need to retire.