“A very pleasurable experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of thida thai cuisine

thida thai cuisine
16 george hudson street, York, England
01904625855
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #310 of 657 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Thida Thai Cuisine is one of the best Thai restaurants in the North of England. Thida Thai Cuisine was established in York in 2004 and is located on George Hudson Street, in close proximity to the town centre. The aim is to provide excellent authentic Thai food, in a traditional and warm atmosphere. We pride ourselves on giving customers a fantastic service and would love to welcome you to our restaurant.
Martock, United Kingdom
“A very pleasurable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really do enjoy finding a good restaurant so this was a really nice surprise. Food and service are both to a high standard and I will visit again when I return to York.
If you enjoy flavorful fresh food then this is worth a try.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cornwall
“Wish I could give six stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Going to Thilda Thai has made me regret giving five stars to other eateries- as this was something special. The food was utterly delicious and the service was really personal and attentive. The whole experience was pretty much faultless and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decently priced, delicious meal in York.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Failing to live up to expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well located in the centre of York, this restaurant looks appealing and has a very traditional Thai feel to it. Staff were very friendly and efficient although lacked any real interaction with me as a guest. Possibly as I was a lone diner on this occasion as I did notice them chatting to other guests.

The restaurant was quiet, despite others in the area being much busier. Possibly an indication of something negative but I put it down to being the only Thai restaurant in the vicinity - most of the others were Italian.

A reasonably priced menu with some good choices, although nothing particularly noteworthy. The don't for example proactively offer any Thai salads, which I feel is one of the quintessential dishes in Thai cuisine. Interestingly I mentioned this to the waitress who then asked the boss and an option was provided but at nearly £16 it seemed overpriced.

The food itself was nice - Chicken satay was delicious and served attractively with very good quality meat. The Duck Penang curry however was a disappointment. The meat was overly fatty (even for duck) and whilst the sauce was tasty it lacked any real spice. I had asked for it hot (like it is traditionally served in Thailand) and all they did was add extra fresh chilli at the end of the cooking process (it seemed like anyway as there was no real depth of flavour).

Overall it was a pleasant experience and value for money but I have to say there are much better Thai restaurants in York...shame.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it other than.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a superb restaurant. I really wanted a Thai meal and did not have any destination in mind. We were walking through York and we came across Thida. From the moment we entered we were looked after really very well.
The food and the wine was reasonably priced and the dishes that we ordered were very tasty. My only small niggle was that it was not spiced enough. I had this conversation with the owner at the end of the meal and she was saying that the "locals" did complain about spicy food so now that just have to make well flavoured dishes with very little heat.
We cannot fault the restaurant at all - food excellent, staff - freindly and the bill - reasonable. I will be travelling back to York to eat there again and to the Lobster Pot in Nottingham as it is run by the same family. Review to follow.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Preston, United Kingdom
“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to this restaurant after reading reviews and we weren't disappointed. It was fairly quiet but the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had starters and were very pleased with the presentation, and they tasted wonderful. We were going to order 2 servings of rice with our mains but were advised 1 portion would be enough and the staff were right. The choice of menu was very good and all in all good value for money, Next time we are in York we will certainly visit the restaurant . Excellent!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere