“Simply outstanding! Will certainly be returning!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ashley Guest House

and 1 more site!
You added Ashley Guest House to your Saves list
Ashley Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   76 Scott Street, Off Scarcroft Road, York YO23 1NS, England   |
Ranked #10 of 216 York B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Simply outstanding! Will certainly be returning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd time staying at Ashley Guest House and once again Phil and his family made it a wonderful experience. The rooms are clean, warm, beautifully decorated, have large and comfy beds and our room even had some nice views of York.
The location was ideal for us - far enough away from the city centre to allow for peaceful nights but close enough to walk into York by the walls and passed Clifford's Tower - perfect.
The breakfasts are superb: local produce cooked to your liking with fresh tea and coffee - the perfect pick-me-up after a tour of Yorks fantastic pubs.
Off street parking is available and we had no issues here whatsoever.
What makes Ashley House is the service provided by Phil and his staff. Phil is a wonderful host who goes out of his way to help you, he welcomed our party of six and accommodated for our needs and all members of the party agreed that we will certainly be staying with him again.
Thanks to Phil, his family and all the staff at Ashley House for another wonderful stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited York the weekend before Christmas, and this guest house made our weekend even more fantastic. The guest house is about 10 mins walk from the city walls, the decor is gorgeous and the house has a lovely homely feel. We stayed in room 4 with the freestanding bathtub, which I loved! Phil, the owner, was lovely, nothing was too much trouble. He allowed us to keep our parking permit for the day after we had checked out at 10am so we didn't have to find/pay for parking on our last day in York. The breakfast is fantastic, the scrambled eggs are the best I've tasted! We would definitely stay here again and have recommended to our friends and family.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Barnsley,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Just returned from a weekend break in York staying at the Ashley guest house, and can definitely say I had a lovely time!
We received a warm welcome from the owner, Phil who even helped us with our bags up to our bedroom (Room 5 in the attic). Upon arrival, Phil also offered us some cookies that he had just made... (and can I just say that anyone who offers me any type of baked goods is awesome in my book!)
The room was nice, if a little on the small side...but perfectly suitable for a couple staying only a few days.
I slept really well all weekend as the bed is really comfortable. I could have done with an extra blanket on the bed itself, as the spare one in the drawer had a clump of hair on it when I took it out so was put off using it.
The bathroom is also small but is clean (with the exception of a few hairs here and there, but that is a personal pet peeve of mine!). I would say that while the shower is very nice, I think a mat may be needed as I slipped a few times while using it, and was a bit worried about getting in and out.
The breakfast was very nice indeed, with lots of choice available. The scrambled eggs are lovely by the way!
I think the location of the hotel is very good- just a 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre and train station.
All in all I would certainly recommend staying here!!

Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Ashley guest house has a great location: there is free parking on the street, it is easy to find and old city centre is 10 minutes away by foot.
Rooms are charming and spotless, bath room was spacious enough.
Breakfast was excellent and you got to choose, what you like to have as a warm breakfast. We really enjoyed it.
Phil, who runs the place was very friendly and helpful.
I would definetely stay here again, if I visit York again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

What a lovely place to stay. A warm and friendly experience for our 3 nights in York. Home made mince pies on arrival, Phil even helped to carry our bags to our room which was right at the top of the house. Excellent breakfast (you really have to try the pancakes) and a lovely room. Nothing too much trouble. Parking with a permit close by and suprisingly not that far to walk into York, took about 15 minutes at dawdling pace. We will definitely be returning

staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I have been to York numerous times but have never stayed in a guest house as fantastic as this. We stayed in room 4. This room has the vintage tub for 2. It was our wedding anniversary so we found this very romantic. Phil greeted us when we arrived. What a fantastic guy! We wantedto watch the British Lions rugby match and Phil went out of his way to ring around a couple of pubs to find who would have the rugby on. The room was cozy and the breakfast was first class. I like other guests can highly recommend the French toast. Whenever we go back to York we won't be staying anywhere else

• Stayed June 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We've just returned from a 1 night break to York, staying at this lovely guesthouse.
As in all previous reviews, Phil was really welcoming and friendly, parking permit was really handy.
Whole house is spotless as was our attic room, room 5. Room was small but perfectly adequate for 2 people and cosy on an evening with the lamp on. Nice tv on wall, loved the shortbread fingers to accompany the tea & coffee making facilities, nice touch!
Large shower in bathroom with lovely white towels supplied, soap and shower gel also.
Will definately stay here again, very good value for money and not too far from the heart of York, which was reached in approx 10 to 15 mins. Loads of shops and eating places nearby, Sainsburys was really handy too.
Breakfast was delicious, full English went down a treat, plenty of choice.
See you next year Phil!
Lynne & Lenny

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Ashley Guest House? Share your experiences!