“Central B and B with parking.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Queen Annes Guest House

and 1 more site!
You added Queen Annes Guest House to your Saves list
Queen Annes Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   24 Queen Annes Rd | Bootham, York YO30 7AH, England   |
Ranked #88 of 215 York B&B and Inns
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Central B and B with parking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went on a Woucher deal for two nights at £99 for two. It was great value. Situated on a traditional terrace just outside the walls. We where pleased to find out we could park our car, with a special disc. Our room was on the second floor, but worth the walk up. It was very smart with a compact shower room. Lovely and clean with a good hospitality tray. Breakfast was a great British breakfast. I asked for decaff coffee and got a lovely cafietere. We where just ten mins walk fron the city walls.

Room Tip: Top room if you don't mind the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having been to York many times, it was nice to go back and one of the positives of the Queen Anne guest house is it is only minutes walk to the city centre.
Parking is in a residential road and we did not have a problem however, spaces I would guess are limited. First come first served.
The room we stayed in was quite small and the bathroom was exceptionally small but being that my wife and my sef are small (5 feet 5 ish) it was not too bad. There was a communial bathroom but we did not bother. If you are a larger person? Ask for a en-suite bathroom that is suitable for your size!!!
The owners are a lovely couple who work hard to ensure your stay is enjoyable ( they care) the food (breakfast) was fantastic, attention to detail IE presentation, quality and quantity was great. All areas of the guest house was of an exceptionally high hygiene standard, faultless.
So would I go back again? Yes. They even phoned me to say I left an item in our room and posted it to me. Very thoughtful and demonstrates my point. "They care"

Room Tip: Ask about the on street parking and request a room with a big en-suite bathroom.
thornaby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 10th may with my daughters for a hen night owner was helpful and friendly and made an effort to engage in conversation as in the best places to go. room was nice and modern lovely comfy bed and a lovely powerful shower.nice breakfast and we had a free parking space overall lovely stay we would definitely go back and stay

• Stayed May 2014
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Theresa made us very welcome. We booked Friday till Sunday on a deal (Gogroupie) and were very pleased with the accommodation which although compact was modern and clean. The bed was comfy and the hospitality tray replete! Colour TV, kettle and hairdryer. Modern and powerful shower en-suite.Full English breakfast enough to fill a big lad like me and extra if you ask. Located in a quiet street.Only 5 mins walk to the Minster and shops, restaurants and attractions. York really is a beautiful city to walk round. See Dick Turpin's grave!!

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are up 3 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Booked the family room over the phone, in January, for two nights in May. Noticed two weeks later the room was still advertised online as available. Had to keep ringing the owner to remove availability from the internet, which he eventually did. Had to badger owner for confirmation email. When we arrived in York for my wife's 50th birthday, he had given our room to someone else.
Absolutely heart broken. The owner did mange to get us in at another B&B, which was extremely fortunate, as it was a bank holiday, and York was chock a block

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
QueenanneYork, Owner at Queen Annes Guest House, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
At Queen Anne's this year we have had a new on-line booking system in place. Overall it does make life easier as the booking system is great. Although I have had teething problems with it as I am getting to grips with it, and learning it properly.
The booking error was completely my fault and I held my hands up immediately and genuinely apologised to you now as I did at the time you arrived.
After realising the error the first thing I did was to clear this situation up is to find alternate accommodation to either equal standard or better. This was dealt with swiftly taking no longer than 5 minutes to do. I then gave you clear instructions on how to get to the new Guest House. After you set off I called the new guest house again and explained there had been an error on my part, and if he could make an extra effort with yourselves while you were there as it was your 50th birthday.
The next day I paid the owner the difference which was a bit more expensive than my Band B, but as it was my error was the least I could do. Upon doing so. I asked the owner if you had settled in and seemed happy, to which he replied "yes" and offered to show me the room you were staying in. The room was very impressive with a 50" flat screen TV beautiful newly tiled bathroom and even a conservatory room connected to yours with your very own pool table for the kids!
Nightmare I think not!
A Nightmare would have been if there had been an uncaring unsympathetic owner upon your arrival. And your weekend was completely wasted and you had no option than to drive home. That would have been a nightmare!
I can understand your disappointment when you arrived I really can.

Anyway I hope you did enjoy York as it was nice weather as well for your stay while you were here.
All the best for the future.

Regards Phil Queen Anne's, York.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Nice, friendly and relaxed place to stay. Rooms clean, toilet and shower room immaculate. Rooms nice and warm. No frills bed and breakfast, but great value for money. As mentioned, plenty tea and coffee, quiet street and ideally placed for visiting York centre. Beds very comfortable and breakfast perfectly adequate. Kindly allowed us to leave bags while we spent morning in York, to have us carrying them around. Hope to visit again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lincoln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed Wed & Thur nights Owners friendly, Quite road, 5 min walk from The Minster, with some private parking. If you stay in rooms 7, 8 &10 it is actually in the house next door and its not been knocked though, so it's a real bind having to walk next door for breakfast.
At breakfast very minimal choices available, 1 glass of readily poured orange juice, 3 cereals, fried breakfast and that's it, no gutten free, or veggie choice. Owner was very attentive to the degree of taking the plate away whilst still eating toast. Room 8 we stayed in was clean and adequate, plenty of tea & coffee facilities. Bottom of wardrobe door was broken, on suite clean, plenty of hot water, although the shower is small, ok if you shower stood still and don't turn or bend in it. We paid £50 per night B&B on a deal, the advertised rate is £70 per night and I'd say not worth it

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
QueenanneYork, Owner at Queen Annes Guest House, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Sorry to hear that you felt this way about Queen Anne's.

At breakfast we have muesli, weetabix, corn flakes, porridge and bran flakes. We always offer extra toast, tea, coffee and fresh orange juice. I also have lactose free milk on standby. We always have gluten free bread available and also vegetarian sausages and hash browns to go with the eggs tomato, beans and mushrooms. It clearly states vegetarian option on the large menu board in the dining room. If you didn't notice it all you had to do was ask.
We will never just clear a table if you appear to be still eating as this is rude. And as you stated yourself we are friendly and attentive.
I wasn't aware of any issue with the wardrobe so thank you for bringing it to my attention, had you mentioned it whilst here I would have done my utmost to repair any such fault.
As for walking next door for breakfast it takes 10 seconds extra than if the dining room was in the same house. In which all other guests are perfectly happy to do.
We graciously allowed you to park your car here after check out so you didn't have to pay for car parking in the city centre.
On returning for your car later you did ask to make a future booking with us, although you wanted it for a reduced rate. Which I did reduce for you but not as much as you would have liked.
So to sum this review up, I feel that if I had let you pay the cheap offer rate that you had brazenly asked for on your return visit then, your review would have been much better than this nit picking review you have submitted.

All the best for the future

Phil Queen Anne's York.

Been to Queen Annes Guest House? Share your experiences!