“Shopping breakfast with family.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #393 of 716 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Diner, Café, Bistro
Goole
“Shopping breakfast with family.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Well the cafe was quiet when we walked it which made me wonder about if we should have then sat down or not. We ordered breakfasts and my wife ordered porridge. The food was ok and quite warm but the beans were cold and my wife's porridge was not very warm at all. By the time a replacement porridge had arrived we had all finished eating our breakfast. The porridge was still not amazingly warm. Not good value and the quality and freshness of the food is in serious doubt. I will not be returning here.

manchester
“Rubbish food and dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We had 6 mealsat this cafe all 6 were absolutely crap I'm sure all the food was frozen it was absolutely rubbish all the fish was left it was that bad and my steak & kidney pie was dry it had never seen a chef only a microwave they would not knock anything off for she said it had already gone through the till what a load of rubbish and the boss was on holidays we will not eat again at this cafe once bitten twice shy

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Neat and Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Café Central - what's in a name? (It shares its name with an illustrious and very grand establishment in Vienna but I don't think York is quite ready for the Vienna version.) This neat little café is indeed 'central', being just off what I call the "Brown's end on the market side" off Parliament St. It's convenient, unpretentious and welcoming. It's clean and presents good service. I have had a wonderful breakfast here (a real restorative after a long journey) and sometimes pop in for coffee and a bite in the middle of the day.

• Visited September 2013