“Pleasant venue” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Pleasant venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stopped next door at the Travelodge so popped in first of all for lunch while waiting for our room. No problems getting served what so ever. Food and drinks with us within 10 mins, that's great service. Food was very tasty, beef and chicken burgers. Three staff walking passed all asked if everything was ok, so plenty of chance to say if it wasn't.

Stopped by again later that evening to have a few drinks after a wander around the town and was really pleasantly surprised to find they had Freixenet for £9.99 which is actually cheaper than most supermarkets sell it for!

Good value for money and staff all very friendly. Lovely seating over looking the river.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
p1845, Manager at The Postern Gate, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feed back.
Hope to see you again.

York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Just popped in today for the Sunday roast. I know it is cheap and everything but the meal was just plain awful, I left most of it, from the roast potatoes, which had come out of a frozen packet, to the dried out balls of stuffing. The service was so quick, my husband had just got back to the table from ordering with the drinks, that they must have had roasts plated up to go out.

I have eaten here several times before and have always enjoyed the food, but today sadly has put me right off. It was also quite empty, which was a surprise, perhaps others were in the know?

Visited April 2014
p1845, Manager at The Postern Gate, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I am sorry that you had a less than enjoyable experiance here at the Postern Gate as you have had in the past.
All i can do is apologise and we as a management team will look into this further.
Rainhill, United Kingdom
“Incompetent!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I recently visited (22nd March 14) with a large Hen Party of 18. As the organiser I thought It would be best to reserve a table due to the large group number. Also I though it was only fair as it would be hard to seat a group of 18 who just walked in without a reservation. Plus we had booked activities scheduled for the rest of the day. This reservation was made around 2-3 prior to the day to which I received a phone call to confirm the booking. I also rang on another occasion just to make aware that we would all have luggage with us. The day before the event I rang to check (again) that they still had the booking. The lady read out my details- my name, time, group number etc and also said that tables are held for upto hour and that we was the only booking for the day. As we arrived (on time) I gave my name to the man- I could tell by his face there was a problem. He went to check and then said that there was no table for us. I told him about the booking I had made and the conversation I had on the phone the previous day- to which he said "Yes it is in the book, but we was not aware of it" Well I am sorry to say that, that is a contradiction!!! I therefore had 18 ladies who were desperate to sit down with a drink and food as they had just had to all walk with their luggage. A group then left and in a rush they did manage to sort us out a table with a corner to put our luggage. But when we came to sit down our table for 18 was a table for 14??? Luckily 2 ladies had not arrived yet but we were still 2 places short. Due to their incompetence we did not even bother to tell them- we tried to move furniture around ourselves which was difficult in the small space they had given us. So we ended up squeezing on the ends which was rather uncomfortable! It was an un-organised mess that could have been easily avoided.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
p1845, Manager at The Postern Gate, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experiance with a booking at our establishment.
I can only apologise to you for this mistake.
We will be reviewing all your feed back at our next managers meeting.
bridlington
“Fast service, good family meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

As a group of seven we were looking for a good value lunch, so we found the nearest Wetherspoons. It was clean and bright with plenty of seating, we were served politely and promptly, the ham, egg and chips were tasty and the chicken dishes and prawns were good too. Really reasonable prices for drinks and food, we would return on our next trip to York.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
west yorkshire
“Cheap and cheerful as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We ate breakfast here after a night in York (the hotel we were staying charged a fortune for breakfast!). A good selection. Impressed there was a veggie option. Great prices, food okay. It's just as you'd expect from a Wetherspoons.

• Visited February 2014