“yummy ice cream” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Manchester, United Kingdom
“yummy ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were looking for a place to just chill mid afternoon for a drink and maybe a cake/ice cream and came across LICC very quirky and loved the decor inside the ice cream parlour, very boutique girly with bunting and pink chairs. I had a cone with chocolate ice cream and cherry bakewell tart flavours which were delicious and my husband had a tub with chocolate and cookies and cream flavours again delicious. It was something abit different as we didnt want to go in a bar or restaurant as we didnt want a meal and at present not drinking alcohol (baby due) so was relaxed and we had a table inside where we could chill for a while for a rest after a busy day walking around york and shopping. My husband did moan to me he thought I had more in my cone than he got in his tub lol. we also had a bottle of water and an apple cartoon and overall this was £8.40 so a little pricy but portion size was good and tasted lovely so no complaints.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

York, United Kingdom
“Truly awesome - the best in York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I visited LICC by recommendation of several of my friends as I needed photographs of luxury ice cream for my Art GCSE coursework for my final exam. I arrived with five of my friends and the ice cream was both stunning and delicious, with plenty of awesome flavours to offer. I then visited a second time as to collect research from the source of my coursework images (taking pictures of the gorgeous retro/french interior) and the staff were incredibly helpful and lovely. Obviously I had to try more of their amazing ice cream while I was there, and I can honestly say that LICC's ice cream is my favourite not only in York, but anywhere else for that matter, outstanding all ice cream I've had before. I truly feel lucky to have it so close to home. Would definitely recommend to anyone and is a must-see destination if visiting York.

Visited March 2014
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Friendliest Place in York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We called in to the Luxury Ice Cream company on a cold day this March. The lovely tea and
cakes were only bettered by the warm cosy surroundings, great service and very friendly
staff. The Knicker-bocker glory was to die for. Peg bags,pinnies and goodies all under one roof.See you on our next visit. Gillian Alan Maureen, and Ron from Newcastle..

“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is not just another ice cream parlour. The choice and service are second to none. Making their own ice cream on the premises with little treats and gifts all around the shop

York, United Kingdom
“Enchanting place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

What an enchanting place! Straight away we knew we'd found somewhere special. The staff were so accommodating, allowing us to try a number of their unique flavours of ice cream before we finally made up our minds (hard to do with so much choice!). The wonderful displays of sweets and trinkets certainly add to the warm and friendly atmosphere of the shop- a place for the whole family!

• Visited February 2014