“Our new favourite in York!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Our new favourite in York!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Been here twice now and both experiences good. Once as a couple and then as a group of six. Friendly, helpful staff in a bright and cheerful setting. The curries are full of flavour (be warned though that you will pong of garlic for the rest of the evening and possibly the next day, but they are really worth it!) and so tasty. Strawberry lassi also very good as an after dinner drink, not tried any of the desserts yet as we've always been so full after.
Only thing I would say is that after trying a few of the lamb curries, I couldn't really tell the difference between them as they seem to be similarly spiced - don't really mind though as they are so yummy!

Visited July 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Gorgeous food and fab, friendly, knowledgeable service. Brought my dad here last year as he loved Nepal and Nepalese culture - this place didn't disappoint. A lovely, lovely restaurant.

“Delicious curry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The atmosphere in the restaurant was great, traditional music playing and the staff were very welcoming and polite. Complementary popudoms were given to us with a lovely chutney! All the food was delicious although the portion sizes were tiny! The sharing platter for two was an adequate size for me and my partner but for someone like my dad it wouldn't have sufficed as a meal for one. One of my friends ordered a curry and had to pay for rice separately and the curry came in a tiny bowl and she wasn't too impressed. If I had chosen another meal I could see this review being entirely different, however the food we had was delicious and the service was great!

Cambridge
“Go try some great Nepalese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Food clearly prepared on the premises, with lovely herbs and fresh-ground spices. Not super spicy, but very tasty. If you can't decide what to do with the menu, go for a Dal Bhat: single person meal with small dishes: you choose the meat (or veg or fish) and the type of lentil (chicken curry and black lentil was great).

The place was busy on a Friday night, but we managed to get a late sitting at last minute. Lots going on with groups celebrating, but staff friendly and efficient, good atmosphere.

I only wish this restaurant were close to where I live: this would certainly be on my regular list.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Four of us ate here tonight for the first time. The service was great, the food fantastic and the atmosphere spot on. Free poppadoms and chutney always a bonus. We will definitely come back! I round the portion size not too big but just right. You don't leave feeling like you're fit to burst which is a good thing. Instead, you leave remembering a tasty meal which was made with care. It is most certainly worth a try!

• Visited August 2014