“Great Value Sandwiches!” 5 of 5 stars

Relish
5c Goodramgate, York, England
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Award winning pies soups and sandwiches
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Value Sandwiches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I used to live right around the corner from this place and I miss it so much. As I'm now in Leeds I don't get the chance to pop in as much any more, but I promise you, the next time I'm back this way, I'll be sure to pop in for my usual Spicy Chicken Sandwich with extra jalapeños and chilli sauce.

This is the kind of business that we should all be making the effort to support. It is staffed primarily by a mother and son team who are competing against some of the largest fast food companies in the world and they are holding their own by providing a great friendly welcome and a top quality product at a great price point.

Strangely I have never had a pie from here, (possibly because I love the sandwiches so much!) but the reviews are a testament to their quality.

A great place. Please don't go changing!

• Visited April 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Well deserved reputation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have returned to this cafe quite a bit recently and it is still as good as ever. I have just read some of their latest reviews and it is clear I am not alone in thinking this place is really quite special. All the food is prepared to order so you can have exactly what you want in your generously filled sandwich and everything is so fresh and of top quality. Other reviewers have mentioned their spectacular pies which seem to just fly out the door and everyone appears to be very happy and content with their food. I can't quite put my finger on why we like this little place so much. Yes, the food is excellent, but I think it is also the welcome you get when you walk in. Really lovely people running this place who always seem to be kind and helpful to all and who are deservedly very popular with their regular customers.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Howden, United Kingdom
“Amazing Value and amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Can't fault this little pie and sandwich shop. Was led here by tripadvisor and it was better than I imagined. Brought my husband and his parents and we all raved about how great the food was and fantastic value. I had the chilli chicken pie which was superb and really meaty. Hubby had haggis and whiskey and loved it. Very friendly lady behind the counter and it had such a nice feel to it all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best hot sandwiches in York and the best pies in York- well worth the walk down Goodramgate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Really delicious freshly prepared foods from a family run business. This place is a hidden gem well worth leaving the bustle of the city centre for, either to sit in for lunch or to grab an amazing hot sandwich or pie to take out and enjoy in the sunshine. It's right next to the city walls as well so it's perfect for a stop off if you're doing a walk round the walls.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wirral
“Cracking little place, brilliant pies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Found this thorough TA. Went there for lunch on our first day in York. I had a Haggis & Whiskey pie, mash and mushy peas, really tasty! Only down side is the lack of a loo in the restaurant, but that said worth seeking out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere