“Lovely moist banana and chocolate loaf” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 715 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Bakery
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Crumbs Cupcakery is an independant cupcake shop and tea room located right behind the magnificent York Minster. We bake all of our cakes fresh every day and have around 10-12 different flavours daily! We also have gluten free cupcakes every day too! Come and say hello and relax in our beautifully decorated vintage inspired tea room in a secret little haven area of York!
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Lovely moist banana and chocolate loaf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Sat outside in the sunshine and had a lovely coffee and cake. Loved the vintage china, loved the atmosphere inside. Great friendly service. Husband had a choc and orange cup cake, as I fing cupcakes have too much icing for my aste I had the un-iced banana and chocolate loaf. Beautiful and moist. Thank you.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Dirty Cup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Having read the good reviews my friend and I especially sought out this cupcake cafe ,however were disappointed at first receiving an unwashed cup with our coffee and also found that the cup cakes were dry and not really exceptional that the reviews made th out to be.

CrumbsCupcakery, Owner at Crumbs Cupcakery, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hi Shamina, Thank you for your review and comments. We are very sorry to hear that you had a stained cup given to you - it's no excuse, but the vintage china that we use does stain easier than the more modern teacups and saucers out there, We do our very best to clean them as best as we can but obviously this one slipped through the net - I trust it was rectified swiftly? Also, regarding the dry cake, all I can do is apologise. We bake fresh every day and pride ourselves in producing the freshest cakes possible. The only thing I can think of is that a batch of cakes were maybe slightly over baked, and it was missed in our strict quality control procedures. I invite you to come and see us again and give us another try... we promise to do better next time!
“Best cupcake in town! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Love the cute and cozy atmosphere of the shop selling those little cupcakes and it's very tasty! Love it and defiantly coming back for more!

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Gluten free cup-cakes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This little coffee shop just around the corner from the York Minster and Treasurers House was a wonderful find for us as my wife is Coeliac. They have a large choice of hot and cold drinks, and cup-cakes, and have daily specials which are gluten free.

Visited June 2014
Grantham, England
“Great coffee and amazing cupcakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We visited here twice in as many days for brunch. Tucked away behind the Minster it's a beautiful setting outside and also very pretty and quaint on the inside (think Cath Kidson). The coffee comes in caffetieres of different strengths/richness and is lovely. We had the strongest available both days. On day one I had the All American, very yummy and peanut buttery, and the husband had the Lemon cake. The next day I had the Brownie and the husband the Chocolate Orange AND an All American!! Very very tasty! Staff are very helpful, welcoming and pleasant. We will definitely be back!!

Visited May 2014