“Brilliant nights stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in York
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Brilliant nights stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here for one night on a Saturday. The gentleman on reception was very friendly and helpful. The room was more than adequate for myself, my partner and our 2 year old. The room was very clean and had all the little things that you would expect. Breakfast was very nice and was a help yourself style buffet. The hotel is in a very central location but tucked away enough so that it is not disturbed by the hustle and bustle of city life.
Overall, a very pleasant stay..........would definitely stay here again if I was returning to York

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad that you thought the hotel was well located, and was delighted to read that you thought the receptionist was friendly.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Victoria Burnham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have really enjoyed our stay at the hamptin by hilton. The staff were freindly and very helpful the place was spotlessly clean the rooms were spacious well thought out with everything you could need and more.
We used the bar area in the evening and we were plesently supprised to see how reasonable the prices were not any more expensive than any other bar in york. They also serve pizza's 24 hrs a day and food till 9pm. We did not use this service as we had a table booked for a meal in the town that night so cannot comment on price quality etc.

Our room was one the main road and we noticed there was a nightclub opposite we expected we may hear some noise but i can happily say we heard nothing and it was a saturday night and we did notice it was in full swing when we arrived back to the hotel that evening. But the windows are so thick and they kept all the noise out giving us a comftable nights sleep especially as we could adjust the air con in the room to our comfort

We will definatly use again. The breakfast had a wide variety of choices ceral fresh fruit fresh fruit juices pastrys toast ( which you make yourself) there was also bacon sausage beans tomatoes scrambeled egg( possibly dried) and a never ending supply of tea coffee and hot chocolate. The tea was lovely and as a tea big drinker i was very happy.

My only niggle and it is so small is that the scrambeled egg did not seem fresh everything els was great. I will just not eat the egg next time but lets face it with such a large selection for breakfast even the most fussy eater would not go hungrey.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted you liked the hotel and was really pleased that you had a pieceful nights sleep.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My and my wife stayed here just for a night great and helpful staff nice room and a great breakfast !! What more can you possibly need? It's a well located hotel not right in the middle which suited us fine

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad that you thought the staff were friendly, and was delighted to read that you enjoyed the breakfast we offer.

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Modern, spacious and comfortable rooms. Well equipped room and the beds were excellent. Within easy walking distance from the train station and not far from nice pubs and restaurants. The breakfast was excellent. There is a small bright bar with pleasant service, and reasonably priced drinks. Dining is good if you want to stay in, but rather basic. On the whole a pleasant experience which I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad that you thought the hotel was well located, and was delighted to read that you thought the rooms were well equiped and comfortable.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Room is tiny. No space to move around whatsoever. The temperature in the room was boiling and we couldn't sleep so turned on the air con and couldn't sleep for the noise it made. The bed was uncomfortable. Went down for breakfast bleary eyed and that was just as bad. Watery orange juice and bacon pale and uncooked. Toast had to be put in a few times before it even changed colour. Scrambled egg was probably better in prison! Rubbery and powdery. I will never stay here ever again. Our room faced onto the council offices and it was like being in a goldfish bowl and last but not least, you can't open any of the windows which added to the feeling of being in a greenhouse!

• Stayed March 2014
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to deliver your expecations. It is extremely important to us that all of our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Please be assured that the issues you have mentioned will be full investigated.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I do hope you will chose to stay with us again so that we can restore your faith in the Hampton brand.

Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a budget hotel and does about what it says on the tin and not a jot more unless you pay for it. My room had a pleasant view of the car park and little all else. If staying in a double room you will be expected to stump up an additional £10 for your partner etc

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear the we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. It's extremely important to us that all of our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Unfortunately being loctaed in a prime location in the city centre does mean that not all of our rooms have the best views, however if you choose to stay with us again, we would be more than happy to allocate you a room with a view overlooking the city walls.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a lovely two night stay at this hotel arriving on Saturday lunch time. I wasn't too sure what to expect but was very impressed with every aspect of hotel.Everything looked new and exceptionally clean. Very good location, with everything in walking distance. We had a twin bedded room and the beds were a good size, possible small doubles but definitely larger than single size, very comfortable.

Bathroom was spotlessly clean and had a large shower.

Reception staff were extremely friendly throughout our stay, making pleasant and genuine conversation with all guests. Greeting you on your return in the evening.The only exception to this was when we checked out as the receptionist on duty didn't make any conversation with us at all. I found this very strange as I had been sitting in the reception area for some time the morning before and had overheard the reception staff asking everyone who was checking out if everything had been ok during their stay etc.

Breakfast was also very good and plentiful. Being a tea drinker, the tea selection was vast but the hotel water was not very nice at all. This is only a small negative but did mean I then had to purchase a decent cup of tea in the town after breakfast.

I will definitely stay here again when visiting the lovely city of York and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad that you thought the hotel was well located, and was delighted to read that you thought the staff were friendly. I was also pleased to read that you appreciated the small double beds we have in our twin rooms.

Thank you for your comments regarding your departure. I am sorry that one receptionist failed to deliver the friendly and welcoming service we pride ourselves on. Please be assured that your comments will be fedback to my Front of House Manager so that the reception team can learn from this.

Victoria Burnham

Been to Hampton by Hilton York? Share your experiences!